Hopefully we find it and the guy will have to tag it....

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by tynimiller, Nov 16, 2013.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well neighbor issues again. Long story made very short, neighbor shot buck, it dropped in tracks....he didn't wait but a minute, got down, walked to it, jumped it....didn't wait, started tracking, blood stopped and he quit searching after only about 30-40 minutes looking....basically over it and won't be looking tomorrow (via conversation he had with my father). *Little back story, this is the same guy that in 2011 shot a buck on my parent's soil, pops chose not to press charges but this dude's been nothing but a headache.

Well tomorrow before/during storms, my father and I are going to hit the woods grid searching the direction the buck went and hopefully find him....otherwise this bozo is simply going to kill two bucks this season, not one. He said there was tons of blood at impact spot and on ground where the buck went down....

.....here's to hoping we find it, and he uses his tag on it if we find it.
    **fingers crossed**

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a mess...best a luck!

3. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you guys find it Ty. We had the same thing happen last year with a cousin in law. I was out of town at the time and this is the story relayed to me. He shot the deer, said it was an 8 pointer. He said that he knocked it down, but it got up and ran off. He said there was no blood and then didn't want to go look for it. Well the next day my in laws saw buzzards circling close to where he shot this buck. They went and found the deer laying 20 yards off of the field where he shot it. It was a 3 pointer. He said that it wasn't his buck and he was going to keep hunting. There was no possible way it wasn't the deer he shot. So wish I would've been there. My guess is that he walked up to it the evening before and decided it wasn't big enough for him to tag so he let it go to waste. He ended up shooting a 2.5 year old 7 pointer that I had seen several times and was hoping would survive. I almost lost it.

I hope your ordeal turns out better than what happened here last year. I'm still pissed about the whole deal. I'll be around this year if something happens again, and the game warden will know about it for sure. Good luck, hope you guys find it first thing in the morning.

4. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job tynimiller. Hope you find him quick and it all ends well.
    Thanks for doing the right thing.

5. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Ty in finding the buck. Scoot

6. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you find it and they make him tag it....!

7. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Boy what a tool. Guys like that give hunters a bad name. Glad you guys are going after it to see if you can find it, will be interesting how it pans out then.

8. finnshady

finnshady Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck finding the animal. Like the above post states, this guy sounds like a real tool.

9. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Some people just should not be in the woods!!! Talk about complete disrespect for an animal!! I hope you guys stick it to him!

10. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't find it, don't lose hope that it's not alive. I've seen bucks get shot with a gun drop, then jump up a few minutes later and take off. Usually it's a flesh wound but the bullet nicked the top of a vertebrae shocking the spinal cord. Also, I find that most people don't actually know what "a lot of blood" really is. Most people have no idea how much a deer can/has to bleed before dying.

With that said, you have my permission to sack punch the dude.

11. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck

12. BowBoss

BowBoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A little patience goes a long way. Hope you guys can find him!

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well tornado watch for our area, but we're committing the afternoon till we gotta head back to the church for an evening event....here goes nothing....fingers crossed.

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys after getting soaked and scouring everywhere we couldn't locate the buck, the barbed wire fences he would have had to cross didn't even have a speck of hair from a struggling deer trying to jump them. We're hoping he makes it and shows up on our cams here soon....just stinks not knowing because now the neighbor will be back out blasting next first buck to walk by him. It is what it is, just gotta wait till after firearms season to start seeing what our next year crop of bucks is going to be.