*****Team 12- Top Pin Terrors*****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Tyler Durden, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If any of his organs are exposed like that, he has to be a dead buck walking. Deer can heal internal wounds, we see threads like that all the time on this forum, but that buck cant reach down and put his large intestines back where they belong. You probably nearly field dressed him with your broadhead. I promise you'll find him, hang in there!

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just seeing this, sorry to hear that Matt. But I agree, he should die overnight. Take it nice and slow and have an arrow ready to go.
    Best of luck with the recovery, I really hope you find em!

3. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll just echo everyone else's comments but you did exactly the right thing. Pull out, don't sweat it. You'll find him in the morning. :tu:

4. Tyler Durden

Dislikes Received:
    Well I've not been out since Monday. Didn't see much but I really like the new location. I tried to make it as friendly as possible for them. lol. I would have been out the last couple days but I found out I had some training at work and it started at 0800. Unfortunately I still had to work my 3-11 shift as well. So two 15 hour days later I am ready for a break. But I did get two comp days out of it so it'll mean two extra days of hunting later so it'll be worth it.

5. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. There is just so many things I am confused about right now. I would have thought he would have ran if he was fatally wounded. He kind of just stood there and gingerly walked away. Then I saw him 10 min later walking the same way. Since I knew he was far enough away I checked the arrow. Some blood, a little guts but pretty clean. The feathers hardly had anything on them. But I know I saw stuff hanging down from his belly. I was able to see him in and out for about 100yrds after the shot. He was walking along the bottom of a huge hill through a cow pasture. Hopefully he didn't decide to climb the hill. Only time will tell
    Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

6. Tyler Durden

Dislikes Received:
    I would wager he was in shock. From the sounds of it, there was so much trauma that he really didn't know what kind of trouble he was in. I have no doubt you will find him in the morning.

7. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When gutshot, they often won't run. He has no idea what happened, and likely just has a bad belly ache. But like Mike said, he can't survive with his guts hanging out.
    The bad thing is, he may not bleed much, if any. The guts will be clogging the hole. I really have no idea how long it will take him to die, that's why I say take it very slow tomorrow, in case you find him bedded somewhere.

8. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    These are pretty much my exact thoughts on it. Again good luck in your search Matt.

9. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any updates Matt?

10. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I had asked for help

11. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dragging his fat butt out of the woods!:D

12. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good job!!!! Pics?

13. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well the blood trail was actually really good when I started at dawn. I got an instant boost of confidence when I saw first blood. He ended up going roughly 400yrds, all of which I had to drag him back including through a creek, twice!

It took me about an hour and a half to find him. The yotes got to him a bit but not to bad. I think he went as far as he did because of that. I counted 6 beds.

Let me know if my math is right before I post in the scorecard. Seems like people are a tad skeptical these days.

Team 12
    11/13/13 at 3:30pm
    Recovered 11/14 @ 7:50am
    40Yrds
    Eq. In sig

Inside Spread=18 7/8

Left Main=22 2/8 Right Main=22
    G1=5 6/8 G1=7 1/8
    G2=9 3/8 G2=8 1/8
    G3= 7 5/8 G3=7 2/8
    G4= 1 6/8 G4= 3

H1=4 6/8 H1=4 6/8
    H2=4 4/8 H2=4 4/8
    H3=4 6/8 H3=4 3/8
    H4=4 2/8 H4=3 7/8

Total=148 7/8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Don't Poke the Bear

Dislikes Received:
    Matt, you are the man! Congrats on that stud! I kept checking our team thread all day while I was in the stand for updates on your search. That is one hell of a buck

15. Don't Poke the Bear

Dislikes Received:
    So is that buck what you meant by lowering your standards? If so, I'm moving to wisconsin tomorrow

16. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haha. It did happen to be the first decent buck that walked by. But no, its in my top 3.

17. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea Matt!!! Woohoooooo!! So glad you found him man, and when you said you hit a buck, I didn't know he was pushing 150!
    That is so cool and what a buck, BIG CONGRATS!

18. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Holy sh!t Matt!!! Congrats dude. What an awesome buck man. I had a good feeling you were gonna end up finding him. Super nice buck. Hopefully I have one play the game right with me tomorrow.

Gonna be pulling an all day sit tomorrow with some estrus drags and wicks out to try and bring one in. Gonna be hunting a public land spot that is the spot in which is the only time I saw a buck on hoof last season. I was on the ground last season though because I had forgotten my harness for my climber. I could really use a change of luck.

19. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck tomorrow Rem!
    I leave tomorrow for 6 days of hunting solo with the bow, then go right into shotgun season with a bunch of guys at a different farm. My usual partner had surgery on his foot (he never kills anything anyways) :lmao:
    It's gonna be pretty wild, having a great, really remote property all to myself next week. I've killed 4 wall hangers at this place.
    Not happy about the high winds and storms in the forecast for the first couple of days, guess I'll catch up on some sleep.
    But I'll be in a tree every minute I can.
    Rock on Team!

20. Tyler Durden

Dislikes Received:
    Dude that is awesome. What a stud deer and the story you will have along with it is amazing. I had no idea what a brute he was gonna be. I'm gonna try to get on the board in the morning again. The seem to be moving between 9-10 so hopefully I cam give a doe a dirt nap. This little fella showed back up this week. Date on the camera is wrong but time is right. I remember this little buck last year. Right side was a little Y and the left was just a thick nub. Right side looks like it grew pretty well this year. I just wish the left side filled out. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk