*****Team 12- Top Pin Terrors*****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Tyler Durden, Aug 19, 2013.

1. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow Mike, awesome job bro!! I had no idea you were after your first bow buck, nothing wrong with him at all. He's bigger than my first, and bigger than anything I've seen this year.
    Congratulations!

2. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey dont poke the bear, you need to post all the measurements of your buck in the scoring thread.

Like left main beam 19 in , right main beam. 18 7/8 so on and so on.

He will not count it till you do.

Nice first buck

3. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome job Mike!! Congrats bro. He's definitely a great first bow buck. What big bodied bruiser. :thumbup:

4. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing but small bucks cruising over the weekend, any day now.

My vacation starts at the end of this week, but MAN, it's KiLLIN me thinkin about all of the action I'll be missing this week!!

5. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! I'm pumped that the monkey is finally off the back and definitely glad I didnt let him walk (I think I've been watching too much Heartland Bowhunter for my own good). I've had a handful of very close encounters with some nice bucks over the past two seasons, and just by bad luck, I wasnt able to get it done until now. I got my measurements posted on the scoreboard so the the antler points should count now.

6. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Well just got back to the truck after a morning sit. I'm getting skunked bigtime. Not even seeing any deer at all. Kind of depressing to not see a single deer in my last four sits. I would've thought I would at least see some chasing or does even. :(

I'm also after my first buck with a bow. I definitely wouldn't have passed him up either bro. I hope I can have a turn of luck soon. Congrats again mike on a nice buck.

7. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buddy it's not just you. The deer patterns here are completely different than last year. I am constantly bumping does regardless of what time I get in the stand. I usually try to get in an hour before sunrise. From what I can tell all the doe movement is happening before sun up and buck movement is happening after sundown.

I agree though. It's insanely frustrating. I did get to see a fox this morning. I could barely see it coming threw the power lines so I drew back thinking it was a yote. Once it came into view I saw it was a fox and just let it go. Rifle season starts Saturday here so it's going to require a ton of patience to get it done now. I still have to January 1st so I'm just gonna keep grinding. Keep it up guys and try not to let it beat ya.

8. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heck of a first buck my friend! I just had an 8 walk under my tree as I was reading your story. How crazy its that. Its full on up here on WI. Had one of my big shooters at 20 yrds last night with only one problem. He was missing half his rack, and the side he did have was all busted. I was pretty bummed. hopefully Mike has kick started this team!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

9. dsauer22

dsauer22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Mike...congrats. I had a similar situation on Saturday, but the buck was only a 4 pt and we have a 3 pt (on one side) restriction here in Pa....so had to let him walk. He fed for about 5 minutes, broadside, at 12 yards from my stand.
    At least I'm finally starting to see deer movement around here.
    Hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon, then again Friday and Saturday all day.

10. mwmike

mwmike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad Laura says its OK for you to go hunting, just dont shoot any pheasant.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

11. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. You know your not suppose to be on those cellular devices at work Mike...

12. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can someone please remind me why we do this? My truck says 11 degree, phone says 12. thank goodness for smartphones. Its desperation time for me guys. I hate to admit it but my standards have been lowered. Two full days left for me this season. Won't be out until late season after tomorrow and everyone knows they really don't want to hunt late season. First decent buck that walks by is getting swacked. My feelings might be different but with the move up north I won't be hunting this property again so I don't feel as bad.

13. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll tell you why we do this. It's because we're crazy. We must be since no one that doesn't bow hunt seems understand the force that keeps pulling us back into the woods under less than comfortable conditions, especially when the bucks are on their feet. You'll get your buck Matt, keep at it.

14. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Funny, I was just thinking about that today. I can barely get up for work, but I'm up at 3:30 AM, to go out and freeze my butt off waiting to kill an animal.
    My friends and family think I'm nuts (except my dad, he has the sickness also). It's almost impossible to explain to the non-hunter.

Keep at it guys, good luck!

15. mwmike

mwmike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We have a new boss now, he' s not such a prick.lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

16. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    My family and most of my friends understand and hunt aswell, or used to hunt anyway. This morning is a perfect morning here in southern RI but unfortunately I'm heading to work instead of the woods. I'm hoping my luck turns for the better this weekend.

Nock em down, Drag em out Terrors!!!

17. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well on a day that barely got over 20 degrees, when you would think the deer were running around like mad, I saw two deer. Little 5 pt and a fawn. Somehow I made it through 9 hrs in the stand yesterday and am back for more. Tonight is it for me for the foreseeable future. Bring it on!

P.S. Sorry that my once employee, now disgruntled ex employee keeps littering our thread. He is obviously having a hard time letting go of his awesome former boss.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  18. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its gonna be a long sleepless night for me guys. Put a terrible shot on a buck tonight. Just under 40 yrds and didn't see the branch in front of the deer. Saw my arrow change direction just before getting to the deer. Hit him in low in the guts. He went like 20 yrds and hunched his back like a cat. I could see about 5" of guts hanging down from his stomach.

He was walking away like he wasn't feeling good. I don't know. I don't know

19. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man. I can't stand those nights. I had a couple nights in a row last season like that after I hit a doe and couldn't find her. I searched for 2 and a half days to no avail.

I sure hope for the best for you tomorrow on your track. I'll say a prayer for good fortune for you. You're a seasoned hunter and know the best course of action. Again, good luck my friend.

20. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there. All you can do tonight is have positive thoughts. Get in there in the morning and find him.