<---Team 2 - Woodland Warriors---<<

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Illinoishunter102, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Rickyp

Rickyp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Ryan. Nothing for me this morning.

2. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am going out this afternoon I hope they start to move

3. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Ryan!

4. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man o man, I got a real nice 12 ptr on trail cam video chasing a doe at 11:18 am the day before I hunted the other day. right under the stand at 20 yds. So why are they never there when I am? :rant:

5. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Buck Beagle!

In da woods! You have to sit there to see them! HE HE HE

6. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    rickyp did you ever post up your doe on the scoreboard

7. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    well boys the weather here is going to turn frigid on monday with highs in the 30, lows in the teens and rain/snow on Monday. I'm gonna hit it hard all day on Monday (brrrrrr) and intermittently mornings/nights the rest of the week. I've heard the bucks are really moving.
    sunday I'm putting up another stand on the wind ward side of where one of my stands is currently nearby. The NW/W winds are more prevelant this time of year and I'm tired of not being able to hunt out of my stand.
    Good luck to everyone else if your still going.

8. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was out all weekend. Had 1 nice buck Saturday get spooked by my decoy, never came closer than 50 yards. A couple does across a creek headed away. moved a stand to a more travelled trail Sunday afternoon after seeing 2 nice bucks headed out to feed. 5 days of work and then back in the woods I go.

9. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted hard this past weekend. At last light I had a group of does come in, soon after a 2 year old began harassing them. Decided to pass on all of them in hopes of a bigger one doing the same. I hope something happens soon...

10. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    Well Illinois was a flop. Hunted hard but just didn't see the big boys. I think I was about a week early.

Things should be still going pretty good here at home. I'm off the next two days so I plan on sitting 3 times. Gonna be below freezing Thursday am for the first time this year so hopefully that'll have em frisky!

11. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    well stand is up, great for w/nw winds. here's the bummer, I think I can be seen when they are walking up from the crik bottom, cuz I heard some branches break and never saw the deer. So I spent 24 hrs of comp time to go hunt on Monday. It sucked because winds were at about 20-25 mph and then the rain started for an hour, followed by sleet, then snow. So after sitting in the stand since 0530, good and soaked I called it & headed back home at 11am. So of course I walk bout 100 yds to the north edge of woods I hunt and kick up 2 does that run back in to the woods. I went back out and froze that night with the temps in low 20s. Quiet and cold, period.
    So we'll try again this week

12. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  13. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I got looking thru some of last year's deer cam pictures and found out that I had my buck on camera last year. He showed up around mid November 2012 and apparently never left, as I had 40 pics of him this year.

14. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    well, I was out for 12 hrs on Tuesday. Saw a giant buck bout 250 yds crossing the field at 1 pm. And of course I had a 6-8 ptr come round me about 50 yds in the edge of the woods next to me and watched him come out 30 yds from my other stand 40 yds away from me. I grunted and got his attention, but he had no thoughts of coming towards me. the Weekend I worked so I only have a couple more days next week before gun season starts next weekend. So that is gonna really make it tough for bowhunting. Sorry boys, just not happening so far. Hopefully this coming week will change.

15. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im on the same boat. My luck has just been in the dumps...

16. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    How's the luck going everyone? Got gun season started this coming weekend. Basically holding out for the buck that I wounded earlier this year with the bow, otherwise I am hoping the rest of the bucks make it til next year

17. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    I've had bucks come in all around me, nothing presenting me with a shot. I had one come in last night at 5pm at 50 yds away and walk right up to my right behind me bout 20 yds and then instead of walking around to infront of me, he cuts right behind me into the field. I tried using a can call, but he really didn't want anything to do with it. I've had this happen several times. I saw that huge 8 ptr come out at 1pm last week about 250 yds away. I"ve got him on video under my other stand that i was not in that day! One more night and then it's over for me with gun season coming up this weekend.

18. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saturday Morning-saw nada. Monday had a smallish 1-1/2 yr old buck under my stand befor eI could even haul up my bow. 2 more before 10AM but, too far off. Home for lunch. Back out about 12:30 2 does and 2 more bucks in the afternoon. Along with about 12 turkey for the day. Nothing in shooting range. hanging up the bow for a good muzzleloader hunt Friday/ Saturday. Be back out with bow Thanksgiving day through that Sunday.

19. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    man I can't even score with a gun! haven't seen 1 deer yet. been out every day, went up north sat all day in that hellish 6 degree high temp and absolutely have not see a single deer. :rant:
    Farmer has turned over the soil so no more field for the deer to come and browse :rant:
    Bow is going to really difficult by me because December has the black powder season first week of dec., 2nd week is doe only gun, starting Christmas eve is another fulll on gun season till Jan 5 so they will be jumpy as all heck all of Dec. :rant:
    My only hope is that I may have a very small parcel of private land to hunt nearby but the husband is thinking about it. so fingers crossed that would be another bow spot for me. :sad:
    How's everyone else doing? still bowhunting?

20. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Was gun season here last weekend. Helping brother move Thursday, Friday, and Saturday if need be. Hoping to get out Sunday at the very least. Plenty of deer here. I've let several walk. Will get one more doe to top off freezer but waiting for a big boy for a while first. Hope things turn around for ya soon. Come on over and I'll set you in a good spot

sent from old school can and string