****Team 3 -Rising Tines****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by WiscoBowHunter, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry Wisco, you will get him next time man

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry Wisco, I'm sure you will get another crack at him, do you have any pictures you could post of him? Seems like a tough season across the team.

3. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yah... This is one from last summer the best picture I have of him. Maxima 2012.jpg

4. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    . Really sorry to hear that Wisco. Ghilie you are right about it being a tough season, my Deer sightings are terrible MN first shotgun season started yesterday and I have yet to see a Deer. I have been at it now for two weeks and haven't gotten a shot yet, cold front moving through tonight, I would think the Deer would be up and moving. Oh well enough of me whining, lol . Good luck to anybody out tonight.

5. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Only able to get out this AM for the weekend. Bumped a deer in the dark onmy way in. Sat until 11:30 and saw nothing else. Really crappy rut action for me this year. Sorry to hear about the buck Wisco. He was/is a giant. Getting ready for next weeks trip.

6. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    After two seasons in Alabama, I'm ready to move. Hate hunting here, still too warm and majority aren't moving until after dark. Out of 7 sits, only seen one deer and she busted me...wish winter would hit here

7. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow Wisco, that is a giant, so sorry about losing him man. This week is all or nothing for me, prime time rut right now, will be out every day starting Tuesday until the rut is over or something is on the ground. Temps and conditions are lining up perfectly, cold front rolling in Monday afternoon and staying cold all week, perfect.

8. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rut is in swing here in the thumb of Michigan! Had our big 7 at 43yds and hit a twig. Got sets all ready for 15th when our gun season opens but rest assured my bow will be in hand!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

9. jetter

jetter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only got to hunt Sunday afternoon but seen one of the 8 points I have on cam, he was working a doe and a scrape. Not the one I want to shoot but still good to see him. BIG cold front happening tomorrow though, so things could get real interesting.

10. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys - back online after basically being out of pocket for 10 days. Sorry for the delay.

I had slow slow slow hunting the first part of the week... It picked up a bit, and I passed a bunch of little guys and even a few does that were small or - I was HOPING for a big buck to follow that never did.

So far Deer 45 Neal 0!!!

:) Hope everyone else is doing well!

11. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well my dad decides to stay Monday and Tuesday! I'm not complaining and so far have seen 3 does and 1 mature 8 point just stayed out of range. Probably mid 140s of bone on his head and just got this text from a buddy hunting 20 mins from are land.

BBD BIG BUCK.jpg

12. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    WOW!!

13. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fresh snow this morning, thought it was going to set up for a perfect hunt, did not end up seeing anything. Pulled my camera and had mostly pictures of bucks and if a doe was in the picture there was a buck right behind her, all at night and very early morning. Multiple shooters on camera, the best buck I got probably would go mid 120s, maybe 130 I only got side shots of him, but I did get him a couple times over the last week. I am so close I can feel it, good luck guys and stay safe.

14. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still 4 more days until I hunt again. The good news is that I will be hunting everyday for 9 straight days then!!! Apparently, EHD hit the area I am hunting hard last year and this year so not sure what we will see, but I WILL be killing a buck. I have passed way too many bucks so far! Been finally seeing some roadkill around so it is finally "heating up" around here. Good luck guys!

15. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas it's been tough out here real tough. High swirling winds. I moved my lone wolf set twice and still didn't get on them. But I got down this morning pulled my set and moved right next to a huge cedar thicket surrounded by corn and one good creek bottom. On my way in I jumped 7 doe and a nice hit list buck "STD" I'm going to head back in in a little bit and hopefully get it done tonight high winds and all....
    BHOD

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

16. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I'm still at it. It's been a weird rut so far. I'm seeing some Deer finally. Monday morning I had a really cool encounter with a 2.5 year old 8 pointer a Doe, and a 1.5 year old 6 pointer. The 8 pointer was dogging this Doe hard, he was growling or roaring pretty much non stop. He drew in the 6 pointer with all the noise he was making. The 8 pointer ended up chasing him off, and the whole time the Doe just hung around, but never gave me a clean shot. Then Monday evening I seen 3 Does and 2 Fawns and not one Buck. What the heck. This morning I didn't see a thing, I don't think the high winds helped, 20 mph plus today. I have nine more Days before my vacation is over, getting a little nervous, I haven't even gotten a shot at a Doe this season. Oh well, it can all change in a minute. Not sure if I'm going out tonight yet with the winds. Anyone else going out tonight, stay safe and good luck

17. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG] my new little honey hole. Corn to the right and left thin timber behind me and all the crp and cedars in front windy as Hell but if they don't care then neither should I :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

18. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted down low today in my early season stand hoping to catch something cruizing. Had about 18 layers on to stay warm, did not end up seeing anything. Going to try a few morning hunts and see if I can change my luck.

19. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    With the cold front that hit here last night and carrying low temps through tomorrow, decided to take the day off and hit the stand early morning tomorrow and cross my fingers

20. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well going uo north again around Friday night. Had a concerned sighting of maxims he looks all good so hopefully I get another crake at that booner so wishing everyone luck sorry if I go off the grid for Acouple days. Go shoot some booners!