Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ha, I wish...I don't have anything I can do with it raining. Grain moisture is way too high to work in harvest. My PS3 and skyrim game got a workout this morning, lol.

2. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I'm getting that rain tomorrow.

We'll boys I checked that last spot I had in mind. Nothing. Can't understand it. I use a notice all so I was positive of the shot placement. It did not pas thru and I think it's cause it got stopped on the opposite shoulder blade. About 17" or arrow was gone. So I had to have hit lungs. And again our first blood was a lot of pink frothy blood. Can't understand it. The blood trail goes from huge strips of blood not drops. To absolutely nothing at one man made trail. Did she run down trail and guy washed blood off trail that morning? I dunno. Seems excessive. Only two hours left I'm gonna sit in a climber stand and see what happens.

3. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the nieghbor got it....had that happen to my moms Buck here in 2011.

4. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

No service down here boys. Updates next week!!

5. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Jared! Hey are you free to meet in Beatrice Thursday?

6. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Buck!

7. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good job, Jared!!! Cant wait for the story! Don't forget the requisite pix!

8. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah buddy!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome job, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not submitting stuff anymore, lol.

9. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow awesome kill!!! Congrats.

Where the f are Cunningham and buck hunter. Lets get those scores in. Otherwise covey will have to post them again hahah

I saw two does tonight. Couldn't get in range though. The woods are alive that's for sure. Weather is gonna be really crappy next few days. May not get back in before weekend.

10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Buckhunter won't be back home until Thursday, he said he'd take care of the score thing then....no idea about Cunningham. It occured to me yesterday maybe we should have given our team president our cell numbers or something at the start of this thing.

11. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man the team is knocking em down! I'm ready to get in on the action.

12. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What are you waiting for? You've only got 2.5 months to get r dun! ;)

13. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I need to stop being a girl and add some points. Remember I called it before. My buck will be a late season kill. I just have a feeling.

So gents. Married?? Kids?? Grand kids??

I'm married 5 years have a 3 year old daughter who loves the idea of hunting. She loves watching shows with me, loves to hold my arrows and pass them to me one at a time when I'm practicing. She helps me seed plots and put out apples. And her absolute favourite character is Merida from the movie brave. Those of you who don't know the movie Merida loves archery and always carries her bow. So I bought my daughter a replica of the movie one. She drags this thing everywhere. Like I mean everywhere lol

14. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been married to the same woman 40 years next may. I have three daughters none of which like to hunt. They all like fishing but not hunting. No grand children. I have a nephew that loves to bowhunt and a great nephew that loves the idea but is still too young.

15. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still a bachelor and will probably always be, I can't imagine a woman retarded enough to marry me that would be legally competent to take vows. Was almost married during my senior year of high school, looking back, thank goodness that fell through.....

I respect those that can hold on to a marriage and I love women...I just suck at relationships and I'm a bit of a wild recluse out here in the sticks. If Elie Mae Clampett were a real person, it might be a match made in heaven, ROFL.

16. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never say never covey. But for a non married guy you should be hunting twice as much lol

Bob that's great 40 years! My parents are at 42 now. Not too many stories like those anymore.

Covey I married my high school girlfriend. We've known each other since pre school. Began dating in high school. We moved away together in university. When we were done and came home and had to leave separately at our own parents houses. Only took me 6 months I was like the hell with this lol and we bought a house. 6 more months we were married. So really I've lived with this girl for about 10 years I believe.

One comedian I heard say. Wouldn't it be so much easier just to be gay. You wouldn't fight about what you said or how you said it. You would just play video games, drink beer and eat pizza. Lol

17. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Chago's right, if I weren't married I would be out all the time. I would probably find it hard to hold down a job also. LOL

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I've been out about every morning and evening here lately that was huntable...we had a lot of rain here lately and was raining again this morning. Stopped now, maybe get some new stands put up today and hunt this evening.

I love hunting but I can't stand to sit in a stand 24/7.....not married but still have responsibilities to deal with.

19. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys!!! Sorry I've been out. I've been hunting hard. I haven't seen anything in a few days though. Today I'm just hanging with the kids (twin 5 year old girls so don't judge if I have a boa on right now).
    I did get some good news. I talked to my friend at work and I'm all cleared to hunt back on his property again. There was some confusion so I stopped hunting out there for the last couple days, sucks but he's a good friend. However, last night we got it cleared up so I am going to try to be back out there in the morning. Then tomorrow night my brother and I are off to Ohio county (half hour west of Cincinnati). The hunting is decent.

Let's not get in a rush. We have a few more months to get points on the board. You guys have been putting up some big points and deer. Great work guys, let's keep the momentum.

It looks like I was a week off on my vacation. It's looking like the 12th here in Indiana will kick the rut in hard. The temps are supposed to plummet at night and be mostly in the 20s. No worries, I just needed the eff out of work.

Well, I have a tea party waiting on me gents.

Good luck in the timber brothers!!!

20. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Only teasing Covey. I can't sit all day either, I fall asleep! LOL Indy what is a boa? Is it one of those long frilly things that the ladies wrap around themselves? Enjoy your time with them they grow up quick. Like the song says "Don't blink"