This Ever Happen To Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Lester, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I was in my stand Sunday night on a picked corn field and at the end of the night my buddy drove right to my tree so I wouldn't have to worry about busting a bunch of deer off the field when I left (was pinned down for almost an hour Saturday night). Right before he got there I heard something walking on the edge of the corn field and saw it was a big raccoon. When he pulled up the raccoon ran towards the woods and came right up my tree. I leaned over looked down at him and yelled HEY but he kept coming. He ran to limb just a couple feet below me and went out on that. It happened pretty quick and the only thing I thought there would be time to do is try and kick the ******* out of the tree if he kept coming.

2. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with you brother.........Haven't had one climb the tree but had a HUGE one come out of the tree next to me and come towards the one I was sitting in. I kept repeating in my head...Don't even think about it Mr. Raccoon!!! Couldn't decide if I was going to shoot it, poke it or ninja chop it. Either way I was freaking out a bit.

3. Beau

Beau Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had it happen to me once with a fisher. I was hunting on the ground against some dead falls. Before daylight I heard something out in front of me. As it got light out I finally saw it was a fisher. He had made his way to about 10 feet away from me and was walking on the dead fall I was using. He got to about 5 feet before I had to make some noise to scare him away. All sorts of bad senerios were running through my head.

4. WIHoytHunter

WIHoytHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a run-in with a skunk one night. I was in my stand and a skunk walked right under me and then disappeared in the long grass. I didn't want to get out of my stand not knowing where the heck he was. When I got out of stand I ran the opposite way.

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. Ground sit, he got as far as the backside of my tree before I stepped around the tree with my pointy stick.

Related, birds landed on my head, squirrels just short of climbing over me, and turkeys roosting just over my head.

My close encounters with skunks and owls were when I used to run a trapline...

6. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sunday morning when I walked in a bunch of coons scattered from my feeder. didn't think anything of it and climbed into my stand. Got all set up and settled in and after a few moments of quiet I heard some scratching noises above my head. Yep coon, makin his way back down. lol He got a couple feet above eye level on the backside of the tree and I flipped on my headlamp. Never seen a coon move so fast. He jumped off the tree nearly 10 ft from the ground. I LMAO

7. phumb

phumb Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    where you wearing your "coon" attractant after shave?