Help!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TAuth41, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Best case scenario is you clipped the heart. Way to low for the lungs if indeed that's where you're arrow went. Good luck!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

2. outdoorsman24/7

outdoorsman24/7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    with a shot like that the deer is going to live as soon as you said fat on the arrow that's a key sign that you did not hit the vitals by where you said you hit him its nothing but fat and cartilage and there isn't anything in that area that is going to make him bleed out. From the angle that your shooting at you really need to be about 6 inches higher your arrows at a downward angle when it hits the deer and if you shoot for about the center to slightly higher than center of the deer your going to take out the vitals. I have seen this before on a deer in my area. Another hunter had made the same shot about a week earlier and never recovered him but I was fortunate to take this deer the next week. My advice is track him if you don't find him with in a 300 yard radius then back off and let the area cool down for a couple days. Unless your finding blood it makes recovery near impossible.

3. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well we searched for a good 3 hours and found a stretch of about 20 yards with microscopic amounts of blood. We walked 5 huge ditches. Around 40 acres and no sign. I am happy that we found little blood so hopefully he comes back next weekend. He was chasing so his adrenaline was so high he probably didn't even know what happened. I put the legal limit of corn and apples and some monster raxx out so hopefully I get a picture of him. It frustrates me that I shot where I did because this morning when I shot I took vanes off two arrows with my shots. I practice everyday and it just makes me mad that I missed. Always next time. Thanks for the help guys and have a great rest of the season!

4. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing compares to shooting a live animal. It's a whole different ball game when that deer walks by. Next time you practice, go run around the block a few times, bout as close as you will get to the heart rate increase when that deer walks by.

5. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I know, the blood starts flowing and it's a whole different ball game! I am just bummed that I couldn't connect...

6. lakepepinboy

lakepepinboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Found bright red blood a couple hundred yards from spot where hit, it continued for 50-75yds thru the woods, slowed to a few drops & then stopped completely. Think that deer lucked out & will live to see another day. Hopefully his memory is short & he continues chasing hot does & responding to calling when we return next wkend. Def had a hot doe on farm we hunt last night but unfortunately no sign of her so far today. My 13 YO son is a little dejected that he missed the buck at the top of his hitlist but now understands why they call it hunting & not shooting! Good luck to everyone as rut continues to get better each day!