Menards Treestands

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by boof, Nov 23, 2012.

1. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone have a lot of experience with Menards treestands? I put up a ladder stand from there this year ($50) and it works just as good as any other ladder stand I have.

For next year, I am looking to add a couple more of the hang ons and climbing sticks from Menards. Has anyone used them before? The prices are really hard to beat.

Four section climbing sticks- $40
    Tomcat hang on- $40
    16 foot ladder stand- $50

2. d16efhatch

d16efhatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i used the tomcat this year,seat it pretty small and not very comfortable but it gets the job done! One thing i would do is change the straps out to ratchet straps as the one's that are supplied with it are difficult to get tight to the tree.

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was looking at those the other day. I am very partial to my Lone Wolf but am considering getting a few from Menards to leave out the entire season. I have run into issues this season with not having good locations for certain wind conditions and more stands will mean more options.

4. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bought some ladder sticks last year and did not have a good experience. Assembled the sticks and went to place the sticks on the tree and began to climb up to since the straps down, and where the sticks slide into the other, it bent at every joint. Needless to say, I did not use the sticks and was out about $30 or so. I got them at the end of the year clearance

5. SOIL hunter

SOIL hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Theyre ok as long as you're selective with your tree. The sticks need a pretty uniform vertical tree. The stands weigh quite a bit, so I set mine and leave it for the season. Once set, it is a comfortable stand.

6. G-Street

G-Street Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a game winner hang-on for 35 bucks today at Academy. Can't beat that!

7. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bought two of the Tomcats at Menards when they were on sale for $30 just to try them out - much like jfergus is thinking - for those sets you want to hang but know you won't hunt out of them a ton...

For the money, I think they are a decent option. Not the same quality as even $100 stands - but better than other 'bargin' stands I've bought in the past.

Pros:
    Fairly light
    Cheap
    Fairly quiet in the tree
    Easy\fast to finish assembly

Cons:
    Can sound kinda tinny sometimes
    Seat just has two bars through it so not real comfortable if you don't bring your cushion
    Bottom portion of stand has a tendency to turn/move. They include a small strap to try and add extra stability which does seem to help but doesn't totally eliminate the problem. A fairly common issue that I've experienced with cheaper stands I've bought in the past but I've never had that problem with nicer more expensive stands. I wonder if that movement could be further reduced or eliminated a using a ratchet strap for the bottom 'tie down' instead of the cheaper one they include...

8. Troutking

Troutking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy bought several of their ladder stands to set up and hunt out of this season. He like them especially for the money. I saw today that you can buy them online and shipped to a store for $48 with free shipping. Stupid cheap, I am going to buy several ladder stands from there and ****s sporting goods to set up for my boys on public next year. I hunt out of my LW stands all the time now but with kids it would be nice to have 6 pre-set stands that are quick to hop into instead of hanging two Lone Wolfs and sticks on public.

9. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    bought a quad pod from them and it was the hardest thing to put together and none of the bolts are marked (had to measure each one because they are very close to the same just by looking) dircections where very poor. once put together i love it plenty of room for me and my gf to hunt with me just kind of a head ach

10. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the more expensive Sniper Intimidator ladder stand. It was like $96 + tax. I really like it. Tighten the seat bolts enough that it will stay up for those times when your butt gets sore and you wanna stand for awhile. Gives you a lot of room this way.
    Only drawback that I can think of is that I wish it was one ladder section higher.

11. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 of the hang ons and 2 ladder stands. As stated, the seat on the hang ons is not very comfy. I did make a plywood bases to put under the seats for even support so you can't feel the 2 bars in the frame and that made it better. Not for an all sit,but got the job done on my first archery deer. I can't complain about the price or the noise. Mine are both dead silent. I did hang them according to the directions and then added a ratchet strap around the middle for added safety/security. I bought my ladder sticks at Big R (A local farm store) 20ft for $35. Can't beat that.

12. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If we had one close I would gladly buy one of those $48 ladder stands for out on my home shooting range. It would be nice to be able to easily practice shooting from treestand height.

13. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 menards hang ons & 3 of there ladder stands. Had good luck with all of them. Other than 1 of the ladder stands I bought the rest of them after the season was over & got them dirt cheap. I paid $25 for the hang ons & they are the bigger ones.

14. Englishman

Englishman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got 2 ladder and 4 hang on including ladders for the price I don't have any complaints :) will be buying a few more before this season is over.

15. lakepepinboy

lakepepinboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Live near Menards' Eau Claire WI headquarters & they've been opening their new superstores like crazy across the Twin Cities (MN) where I live. Own lots of Menards ladder stands & also have quite a few buddies who do. Favorites are their old Big Dog double ladder with full-sized platform & Lancer double rail single ladder with wide ladder & seat & full-sized platform. Great deal when on sale during season & awesome deal when they close out as local deer seasons end. Only complaint is that almost every ladder they stock this year has a wimpy half-sized platform which I despise! Exception is new Viper which my son & I have our eye on. Seems like a great deal on sale at $130 - if new seat design is OK. Will prob wait for them to close out in next few months & buy one then.

16. lakepepinboy

lakepepinboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's actually the Vector we have our eyes on. Also have a couple sets of their climbing sticks which are just OK but price is right if you need them. We hunt on private land & therefore use ladder stands almost exclusively.

17. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use 2 Menard hang ons. Like them quite a bit. Good and sturdy the pad leaves a little too be desired but for the price somethings gotta give.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

18. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to look into there ladder stands. Maybe they will go on sale.

19. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Any pics ?