Which call, and calling tips?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by BowBoss, Oct 24, 2013.

1. BowBoss

BowBoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last night while hunting public land, I stood up and climb down my in my climber, and my grunt call fell off my lap and onto the ground. This morning I went there after sun up and looked around with no grunt call to be seen.

With the rut (and pay check! :nana:) coming up I'm going to need a new call!

I'm wondering what yalls favorite grunt/bleat combo calls. If it's gotta a snort wheeze too that's perfect.... the more versatile the better! Or is you prefer two separate bleat/grunt calls please share! Right now I'm looking at the Flextone Buck Commander Grunt Call.

Finally does any have any calling tips I can employ with my soon-to-be new call?

Thanks!

2. teebugg

teebugg Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the buck collector from flextone...its a good buy. Doe fawn bleat, grunt and snort wheeze all in one. I also have a primos can with me as well. I like to do a few estrous bleats followed by 2 or 3 short grunts. If the action is hot i wont hesistate to snortwheeze and grunt while banging the rattling bag a few times

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  3. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the hunter specialties true talker, has a variation of fawn/doe bleats and different tones of grunts depending on where u place your finger, easy to go from grunt to bleat just a move of your finger.

4. ILMarty

ILMarty Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I Have had decent luck/success with the Primos Buck Roar. As for a bleat i carry a can with me

5. lakepepinboy

lakepepinboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The original The Can has worked great for me so far during WI pre-rut. Don't use the bigger can as that one sucks. Little one is easy to use, sounds great & works really well. Use Primos Buck Roar too but haven't needed it yet as chasing activity is just starting here. Good luck!

6. BuckHunter_Kyle

BuckHunter_Kyle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a quick tip. If you take the plastic shell off the "can" bleat calls. You can take the inside out and blow into the air hole like a regular call, and you now have a bleat that you can make as long or short as you want without buying a bunch of cans

7. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like the old Primos Hardwood grunt. I did buy the new Flextone Brotherhood...and I love it. Very nice and small.

8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love my truetalker but any call with variation at the press of a reed setting is huge in my opinion.