Team 33 - Whitetail Mafia

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by wisbh, Sep 10, 2013.

1. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its been a good steady rain here since about 6 this morning. Looks like it will rain for and hour or so longer then on and off showers for this afternoon. I'm headed out at about 3. Love this weather. You can sneak in so quiet. Maybe tonight's the night!

2. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well it's rained here off and on for the past 2 days. The farmers have switched from combines to Coffee at the elevator for right now. This weekend looks like it could be a good one on saturday here in champaign. Cloudy High of 59 low of 38 but of course I have to be in a wedding in Indianapolis this weekend. But there is an outside chance I might be able to be back in time to getin stand sunday night. It all depends on how fast I can get the wife up and moving Sunday morning.

As for next weekend for my 3 day trip to southern IL they have now added rain into the forcast for saturday and sunday! Thank god for good rain gear. But that being said this is IL they say rain one day then all of a sudden sunny the next so who knows.

3. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well the last two nights I've been stuck in the stand by little bucks. Wednesday was a little 8 pointer and last night was a little 5 pointer and then a spike. The spike finally walked off but the little 5 wouldn't move. He was out about 40 yards on the other side of the standing corn. I dropped my water bottle and he just kept eating like nothing ever happened. I grunted at him and nothing. I had a dinner date with my daughter and I had to get the hell out of there. Finally I just packed up and slowly climbed down the ladder. Half way down I could still see him over the top of the corn just standing there. When I started walking out, I heard him walking off. I wonder what the hell he was thinking? I also wonder where The big boys are. One of these nights they just have to show up. How is everyone else's week going?

4. smfd232

smfd232 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Made it out to hunt Monday night and finally saw a buck. I had a small 6 or 8 come behind me at dusk but he never gave me a shot. I just got in the stand now for an afternoon hunt. The landowner has some good pics this week of a buck with a broken left side, so the rut may be starting to come in here. This will be my last full weekend off until after college football is over so I plan to make the best of it. Good luck, all!

5. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats everyones plans for this weekend? I got some family things to do in the morning but hopefully will be out Saturday evening and all day sunday. For those of you that are going out GOODLUCK and kill something. I been debating on taking my practice arrows out during the mid day and trying to kill some squirrels.

6. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hunting tonight and tomorrow. Saw a nice shooter last night. He came in 10 minutes before closing and was in the corn at about 35 yards. It was to dark to get a shot and he wouldn't come out. I saw 9 deer last night and two where shooters. By buddy saw 19 but no shooters. They are starting to move and move earlier. Saw they first buck at 3:40. Maybe tonight's the night.

Good luck out there and be safe!!

7. smfd232

smfd232 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The last of the rain (hopefully) moved out about 45 minutes ago. Today might be the day to try an all afternoon sit.

8. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    seem like we have hit a lull guys! I will be out monday all day and see what I can knock down

9. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    also looks like our team page has died and now we talk via txt message

10. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well lets all make it a point to check in here at least a couple times a week because I don't want to not include everyone in what's going on. I know there are a few guys that we haven't heard from since we became a team.

I would love to hear from Kybob and Rudi. Cal did you smack one of those Iowa giants yet?

We seem to be in a lull right now points wise but that's ok. As long as we have fun and beat teem 20. Right Cody?

11. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Good Morning team,

I had grand plans of getting out Sunday evening when we got back in town from the wedding but between the wind and my hangover I decided the couch was a mighty fine afternoon spot!

My 3 day trip to southern IL that I take with my cousin starts on Friday. If it is anything like last year it should jump start my season. I shot 2 does last year and actaully missed out on a decent buck on a spot and stalk I tried to do. It almost worked but then I lost track of him and some thick stuff and he actaully doubled back on me and winded me. But either way should be a good weekend highs in the 50's lows in the 30's.

12. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly!!! As long as we beat out team 20 and i believe team 30 I'll be happy. Jim, Kristine, and myself all hunt the same farm so I'm really just trying to beat them. But on the other hand i'm extremely competitive so i wanna win it ALL!!!!! In the end its all about having fun and as long as we're in the stand we"re happy. It like my hunting buddy says back home if we dont see anything "We didn't see sh*t but we sure as hell had fun not seeing sh*t"

13. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Checking the weather and they are saying 29 degrees on Saturday morning. Hopefully the cold causes the action to heat up.

14. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I think the deer are coming out earlier these days. At least here they are. The first little buck came by at 4:40 and closing time yesterday was 6:21. No big guys yet but that will happen soon. I saw 3 last night in a good stand with a bad wind. Today the temp is a balmy 41 with a WNW wind at 8 gusting to 22 mph. Sunny now but the clouds are moving in. I'm going to my favorite stand tonight that faces NW and overlooks a 40 acre marsh with a pond 20 yards behind me and corn all around. I'm still waiting for Big10 to show up and say hi.

Jake did you get out yesterday? if so what did you and your new go pro see?

15. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    It was 27 degrees this morning. If there ever was a day to call in sick this would have been it! Oh well I guess that will teach me to not look at the weather before I go to bed.

I have all my gear packed up and thursday night I pick up my uncles camper and me and my cousin are headed two hours south to our old farm for our annual 3 day bow hunt. This is one of those trips that while I want and need to kill a deer its more about the memories of our old farm and spending summers there with my grandparents. I just can't wait to go and unplug for a couple days. But yes I will still have my phone for updating you guys and checking this website....oh and calling to check in with the wife at night :)

This is my favorite time of year and I just can't wait to get into the woods.

16. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. For those of you who didn't get the text. Here's the doe I shot tonight. Already posted it for the points.

She came in with her two young ones and I picked the lane I wanted to shoot her through. When she got close she jumped a dead fall so when bleated she stopped behind a tree! I had to pick a different lane now. 5 yards forward and 3 yards further away. As she stepped into the lane I let the spitfire tipped Easton arrow with lighted nock fly. I though the hit was good but never heard her crash. I saw her run across the river so I got down and inspected the arrow. Looked good, smelled like blood, no gut. Feeling better now, I backed out for 40min and took ip the trail. Spotty blood trail because it snowed all morning and it had just melted off so the ground was soaked. Found her about 75 yards from the shot. Perfect double lung.
    [​IMG]

17. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been away for school but I got out for the first time yesterday had a nice buck bust me last night at last light, hopefully ill put something down soon! Sorry I've been distant !

18. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Great job on the doe Cablebob! And welcome back Octane.

Glad to see alot of you are filling our bonus points. Hopefully the rest of us can do our part as well and get the extra points then start getting them big bucks on the board!

19. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know the points change often and it's nearly impossible to know for sure but with my doe, I think we will end up in the top 15 with a score of 250 right now.

Once we all start putting bucks down I can see us making a run into the top 5 pretty quick. Good luck out there everyone. and Stay safe.

20. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The way I see it is we're a couple doe and a couple decent bucks out of first place!!

I will be out tonight again to try for one of those said bucks.