**** Team 11 - Silent Threat ****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by The Old Man, Aug 19, 2013.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got the wife on a buck and she missed so now I'm headed to the sandhills to go after the big boys we will see what happens

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. Umpire Jim

Umpire Jim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck mr illinois

3. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys I took week off trying to down a doe and buck. Weather here is a challenge

4. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    No luck yet

5. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guy's sorry for not alot of chatter the last few weeks. It's has been really hectic with school and work. But I am happy to say I put down a solid buck tonight. Just got him home. Will get some better daylight pics tomorrow!

6. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to you two buck slayers. Can't wait to see the pics Dunncty22.

Can't saying have had much chance to contribute. Plenty od opportunities on does. No decent bucks have showed up though. I'd pay $100 for another tag for a doe right now.

Forecast is for rain tonight and snow in the morning. I should be cozy though as I just put a new ground blind in my most promising spots. Maybe I can add some pts to the scorecard. I'm breaking out my secret weapon, my lucky sweatshirt. Haven't worn it yet this year.

Good luck whoever gets out tomorrow.

7. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good job fellas!!!! Cant wait to see pics.

Hunted my butt off today and yesterday afternoon. I have no idea where the bucks went. Haven't got any pics, nobody is seeing them around my area, its just crazy. Im trying to stay out of the woods for right now but I might have to dive in next weekend. Still have one patch of corn to cut which probably has the most deer bedding in it. I wanted to hunt my public spot but the winds just weren't consistent at all and early muzzleloader opened today so who knows what happened.

Since PA doesn't allow Sunday hunting, Ill be driving about half hour to scout an area around two lakes. Mostly roads on all sides but there is once spot that is far from any road that Ill be going in via boat. Im pretty excited because Ive always pictured myself paddling out a big bruiser. :tu:

Any of you have experience hunting around lakes? Any certain terrain feature that I should be looking for?

8. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dunn Congrats ! Can't wait to see your buck

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Jake do you have a topo of the lake area? I've hunted around lakes and always found trails always had better luck 75 to 100 yards in the trees at choke points than closer to water

10. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I circled my main area of focus. You cant access it to the South and it'd be a long walk from the North. The pink like is where I plan on entering from. But of course if you see any other area of interests just point them out.

[​IMG]

11. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw Dunncty's buck on the scorecard. Great buck man!!!! Team 11 is gunning for that top spot. :nana::woot:

12. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys here he is! I got out about 1/4 of the times I did last year by this time. School and work has limited me to weekends only. Buck came through feeding on acorns headed for the standing bean field behind me. Shot as he stopped to eat. Really happy with this years success. He's going to taxidermist tomorrow for a European mount. I am not usually a doe hunter so I'll make up for it with my buck! Looking forward to what else our team can do!

Team 11- Silent Threat
    10/19/2013
    6:02 PM
    22 Yards
    Dunn County, WI

Main Beam Left - 22"
    Main Beam Right - 22 3/8"

Spread - 17 2/8"

G1 Left - 5 1/8"
    G1 Right - 5 7/8"
    G2 Left - 7 4/8"
    G2 Right - 5 6/8"
    G3 Left - 6 6/8"
    G3 Right - 6 6/8"
    G4 Left - 4 0/8"
    G4 Right - 3 3/8"

H1 Left - 3 6/8"
    H1 Right - 4 0/8"
    H2 Left - 3 7/8"
    H2 Right - 3 5/8"
    H3 Left - 4 1/8"
    H3 Right - 3 6/8"
    H4 Left - 3 4/8"
    H4 Right - 3 4/8"

Total Gross - 136 7/8

DSCN0049.jpg IMG_2424.jpg IMG_2420.jpg IMG_2385.jpg IMG_2390.jpg

13. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great job Dunn! Definitely a dandy buck!

Been pretty busy the past couple days scouting and checking cams. All the hard work payed off and Dad shot the big 10 pt with spilt G3's yesterday evening. The shot was back and caught liver and gut. We gave him last night and found him 75 yds from the hit this morning. I will have pics up soon.

I did have 5 bucks and 5 does come in yesterday evening in stand but the biggest was a 125-130 10pt. He got a pass since I know there are bigger bucks in there. Since dad has his buck tag filled I can really concentrate on getting on a good buck. Activity is really picking up with scrapes and rubs.

Keep up the good work team! Hopefully I'll be able to add some more points soon.

14. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Grossed 157 and dressed out at 215lbs without rear hams due to coyotes finding him overnight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dude that is a beautiful buck!

Yeah if we keep it up we will be right in the mix of things!

So I had one of the most amazing sits this morning that I've ever had. I killed my buck on Saturday morning right at first light.

I had a hunting buddy staying with me this weekend so we got up this morning to go out.

I was telling him as I was going out that I wouldn't have gotten out of bed if it wasn't for him. I had planning on hitting up my tripod stand but opted to sit in a stand I call the "road stand" because it wasn't a far walk from my truck.

As I was walking in off the gravel road I busted quite a few deer that were near the stand.

I got into the two man ladder stand and closed my eyes waiting for daylight. As I was sitting there I swore that it sounded like some more deer had crossed over from the neighbors open field and were between me and the road.

As it was becoming brighter I thought I should probably check between me and the road to confirm if something was there.

I was startled to realize that there was a herd of deer walking down the road and getting ready to cut in the timber by me.

I soon had a small buck walk by and a nice doe was coming behind her. She ended up walking out too wide and I didn't have a shot.

Several more deer passed and I had another doe ready to walk by. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the original doe running right towards my stand.

She ended up being quartering away 30 yards away. I shot her and knocked her over when the arrow hit. She circled around and ended up dying between my stand and the road.

The other deer all kept walking around. I reached down and grabbed another arrow. I soon had another nice doe come in and walked right next to the one that was dead.

I shot her at 10 yards and knew that I had hit her really well. I switched over to some NAP bloodrunner 2 blade and they really do the trick.

She only ran about 50 yards and died next to the roof too.

This all happened a half hour after I got in the stand.

Here is a picture of me with the deer. The second is a picture of the entrance in the second doe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Buckeye that is quite the deer! Congrats to your dad.

17. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Dunn awesome buck. We are right in this thing

18. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw on the unofficial top ten that we are in second place! Way to go team!

19. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We are hanging in there!!! Don't worry, Im going to take a 200" buck this weekend. :lol:

20. pastorandrew

pastorandrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last night I saw three shooters. it will happen soon for me, I got a feeling. this is the longest i have gone into october without letting an arrow loose at a buck since 2005. slow season so far to say the least. But it has been nice to see some 4 year olds on there feet. we are sitting in good shape! lets win this thing!