To all slick trick shooters!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by massmam, Jun 10, 2013.

1. massmam

massmam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a muzzy shooter but i was thinking about switching to slick tricks, but have you seen the new muzzy trocar broadheads the are one piece and you remove the blades via a screw. they look pretty awsome. has anyone tried them yet to see how they fly? They look alot like slick tricks to me only they have 3 blades, but a little bigger cutting area

Attached Files:

2. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't seen them massmam... thanks for sharing. I'll check 'em out on the Muzzy website, but I'll probably stick with the Slick's.

3. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    looks nice.

4. MaxAkerman

MaxAkerman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    im usually a muzzy shooter, but then again I like to try my options! ive shot the slick tricks and the exodus, as far as accuracy, muzzy has been the best for me personally!

5. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I switched to slick tricks from muzzy when I was getting very inconsistent arrow flight with muzzy. The slick tricks are much sharper and I get very good arrow flight out of my bow. The blood trails are decent too.

6. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know the slick trick blades are much thicker than Muzzys which is why I switched and I also went to four blades for that much more cutting surface.

7. massmam

massmam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yup I know what your saying Afflicted, But these new muzzy trocars are the same thickness as slick tricks 0.035mm I think muzzy realized they needed to advance their broadhead design because they are getting a little outdated. And I think they are trying to compete with slick tricks, they are all steel ferrule now with thicker blades. They also have helix blades kind of like the ones you see on the ramcat. Im just curious how these are going to be. Im gonna get a pack and ill give a review

8. Jake Regan

Jake Regan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    the new muzzy trocars will be legit..

9. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool then. Muzzy make nice BH.
    Ill have to check them out.

10. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    actually now that you mention that they seem very interesting. i think the all steel ferrule will provide a lot of strength

11. Legion_Edge

Legion_Edge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i just bought a pack of these Trocars and they are sweet, I also bought new arrows so i had to do a little tweeking to my sight, just the elevation knob. But once I was set i went straight back to 60yds and shot one arrow, Boom w/in my 4in circle on my target. No one can complain about that with a BH. And i had to back up my target w/ another target because my arrows always shot threw it. Great Flight, supper sharp "like they should be" but all in all, im going to fill my quiver with these.

12. Legion_Edge

Legion_Edge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    \just noticed this is an old post but hey

13. justhunt

justhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I switched to Muzzy Trocar and Deep Six shafts for my elk hunt in September. 3 years ago I shot a small cow elk @ 15 yards with a G5 Striker and the all the blades broke off. Even though I only hit a rib, the arrow didn't exit. The elk only made in 40 yards though. This year, I shot a big cow @ 30 yards with the Trocar. The shot was in the chest, but she was quartering to me which I didn't realize when I shot. I had to sneak in on her for the finishing shot. The first arrow broke a rib and exited her rear leg. The second arrow blew through her chest hitting 2 ribs. I never found either arrow. Needless to say, I am very impressed. The blades are very sharp and I get great arrow flight. Of course, I'll be using them for deer.

14. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot both slick tricks and muzzy mx-3 they are both great BHs! I will definatly try the trocar. If you do make the switch to slicktricks, the magnums fly great, and as someone had mentioned above the tricks are way sharper than the muzzy blades. I do love them both thou, would like to see a entry/exit hole of a trocar, the magnus are insane with the four blades, and muzzy always have gotten the job done, either way you cant go wrong. Def give the trocar a go! Good luck.

15. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    * magnum blades of the slick trick

16. justhunt

justhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Trocar blades are very sharp. Seem sharper than anything I've used in the past, but never shot Slicks. Here's a pic of my elk showing the first shot enty hole. You can barely see the second shot exit in her arm pit.

Attached Files:

17. dakine4321

dakine4321 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    slick tricks are great but make sure you have an arrow spinner took awile to get them perfect. good tune and they all shoot ok the biggest thing in my book is to shoot what groups the best

18. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Slick Tricks

I am sure there are a lot of good choices out there all worth trying. Some dude made a you tube video busting an elk shoulder bone with a slick trick. It was convincing along with other archers recommendations.

I hope to take my first buck (God willing) with a slick trick.