***Team 7- Twisted Tines***

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by BJE80, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was out there until about 7:10 and I came in. I was soaking wet amd miserable. I like to have fun when I'm hunting, and that wasnt it! Cold front coming through here on Monday, going to hit some public land this week. May go out tomorrow it the rain isnt too bad.

2. RackHunter

RackHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!!

3. RackHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys havent checked in for awhile. Been very busy at work. I did manage to make it out on opening day (oct 1st) but didnt see anything. Im hunting up at my place this weekend. Been seeing quite a few does but no bucks yet. Osceola county has limited doe tags so i never ended up getting one this year... I do have a couple doe tags for Eaton county so ill be good for atleast 50 points! Lol Good luck to you guys that are hunting this weekend! Ill check back in tomorrow morning. Praying it doesnt rain...

4. Buck master

Buck master Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going out tomorrow evening, and should shoot a doe. If I don't, somethin is messed up, because I have chances at deer every time. It's just deciding which one to take.

5. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out this morning. Going to sit in a ground blind so I don't get soaked to the bone again. Good luck fellas!

6. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    About had us a buck ok the board tonight fellas. But decided to pass him up. 3 year old 8 point. Nice g2s. Will definitely be a shooter next year. Hope I don't regret it image.jpg

7. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    That's a nice deer, hopefully you will get rewarded with an even bigger buck for passing him up.

8. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    I'm trying a piece of public land tomorrow afternoon that I have never hunted before. Pretty excited to check it out. The spot my dad and I picked is about a mile in from the access point from the road. Cant wait to test it out. Here is the land.

[​IMG]

9. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally had a decent hunt this morning. Saw 4 different bucks and a fawn. None were shooters though. The biggest was about a 115 inch 9 that looked only to be about a 3 yr old. Hopefully they stay on there feet more in next couple days.

10. RackHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Headin up north tomorrow to hunt my property. Seen quite a few deer last weekend but no bucks that I wanted to shoot. Its suppose to be a lot cooler this weekend so hopefully it gets the bucks up on there feet. Ive been VERY busy at work so I havent been able to get on here as much. But starting next week I should be back on 10 hour days (I was on 12`s) so ill be able to go out a few nights during the week. But anyways good luck this weekend!

11. RackHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well didnt see anything tonight... Checked my trail cams too and only had 94 pics all together. Was getting a few hundred pics a week. Kinda of a slow week. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be eventful. Any michigan guys seeing much?

12. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Nope not really, jumped two deer going in this morning and that was it. My hunt was interrupted at 9:00 by some guys tracking a buck they shot. Is it that hard to ask for permission first?!

13. Sconley81

Sconley81 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out a couple of times this week with no luck. I had one of my hit list bucks and another smaller 8 come in yesterday morning on a path I wasnt expecting. Didnt have any shooting lanes and the wind was blowing right at them. Unfortunately I got winded but he sure did look nice trotting away through the bean field. Made a couple of mock scrapes and put a camera out on both, this will be my first time trying this so hoping for some good pictures.

14. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alrighty fellas finally got one on the ground. Shot a good doe Sunday morning. Only prob is don't have access to computer and won't for few days. Was wonderin if someone could help out. I can either text photos to ya or email from my phone. Unless someone can tell me how to post pics from my iPhone. Goin out again in morning to see if I can get a buck down.

15. Sconley81

Sconley81 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Timmy_ar, if you can upload them to photobucket from your phone you should be able to then post them on here. If you are unable to do that send them to me with all your info via text and I can post it in the scorecard. 502-542-8966

16. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Congrats Tim.

I PM you my phone number and you can text me the pictures. Thanks.

17. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  18. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am taking off the whole month of October from deer hunting to get some things done and I'll be grouse hunting. November 2nd I will be at the cabin for 10 days of rutt hunting where I go "all in". Nothing to wait for anymore. My land should be good and fresh and I am hoping to put one down.

19. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Timmy!

That sounds like a good plan Brad. It's hard to let a property sit, but the benefits can be very rewarding.

I know I haven't been updating nearly as much as the past, life is crazy right now, but I asure everyone I'm out hunting as much as possible. Last weekend I passed on a buck that probably would have scored between 105 and 115. I know there are better ones out there though. The little guys are just starting to pester the does around here; which means the bigger boys will following soon.

Bring on the rut I say!

20. Buck master

Buck master Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe BJE80. I saw it on the scorecard. And to timmy_ar on your doe. Im going huntin this eveing and all tomorrow, so with some luck, I should at least shoot a squirrel. Even better, a nice buck. Too bad turkey don't count, because I kinda passed up a turkey last time in the same spot. It was just to early in the morn to shoot. This time it wont get any mercy. Have a good weekend Twisted Tiners.