****Team 3 -Rising Tines****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by WiscoBowHunter, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone heard from Bowhunter29? Been almost a month since he last posted on here.

2. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Idk but im here! Going to be adding at least 50pts to the team this weekend one way or another!

sent from the room next door!

3. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Our main goal right now is to get Richie on a hit list buck.
    If one comes out that he really doesn't want I'll take it np.
    I'm really not "big buck" Hunter but I do try to at least look fir 125" or better

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

4. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys I really appreciate all of the support.
    I'm back at it again this morning. But I'm mainly here for my brother to try to get a deer

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  5. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck mads10bass! I have to work Tuesday morning now but will be out for a late afternoon hunt on opening day, that's when I have the deer on cam anyways is at 5pm.

6. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys went and road around my 380 and found a trespasser that put up 3 stands and a bait site " NO BAITING IN DODGE CO. WI" Called the warden the guy got a big ticket and stuff. So other than that has been to warm out to go that past weak. Have been working on the farm the turn up plots look amazing first frost I will be sitting in the stand on one of the turn up plots one way or another.

7. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    In stand right now in WI. Hunted this AM also. My buddy and I have yet to see any deer...dead or alive! BHOD!

8. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the trespasser Wisco, glad the guy got busted though

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk now Free

9. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After the warden left I went to check a trail cam and it had 450 pics or so. 300 ish were of a flock of turkeys! No big bucks on this one yet just put it up last Saturday on a heavily crossing in the creek just a couple small bucks a couple BIG body deer but cant see the heads and a couple fawns and a bunch of does. Put a new stand in that corner of the property to. Hope for the best!

10. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisco, that really sucks about the Trespasser, atleast you caught him. You weren't kidding about it being to warm this week. I was out for the first time Wed. night and then again Thur. night. didn't see anything. Now today, I had to go back to work, and it cools right down. I know poor me. lol.
    Ryan, I have not heard from Bowhunter29, hopefully he checks in soon.
    You guys going out tomorrow, good luck, be safe, and B.H.O.D.

11. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    I even sent the kid a PM and haven't heard anything. His last post was Sept 22nd. Hopefully he shows back up

12. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    Going in the smoker in the morning:D
    Snack sticks and jerky are next.
    I really luv processing my own meats.
    That one doe gave me enough meat to make 15lbs if snack sticks, 5 / 3lb summer sauce sticks, 15lbs of jerky.
    And still have back straps and loins for several nice dinners.

13. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mike, that looks amazing! Do you have enough to go around for everyone? Haha

Sorry guys haven't been out much, fishing is winding down soon and I'm hoping to be getting out more.

14. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Daily dose of humor

Attached Files:

15. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    How about some teriyaki snack sticks
    [​IMG]:cool:

16. cavicity2

cavicity2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I spent some time out Sat AM and Sun PM. Didn't see anything. Can't wait for the rut to get going.

17. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had an interesting morning hunt today. I bumped 3 different deer in a newly planted agricultural cover field in the dark walking in to the stand. The busted into the woods in the 3 separate area off the field so I thought my morning hunt would kinda suck. As I stepped into the woods to get to my stand (about 75 yards into the woods on a ridge saddle loaded with oaks) I busted another deer, but might have been one of the ones I spooked in the field. I got to my stand and attached my bow to the rope. As I began climbing the sticks I heard leaves crunching and breathing very close to me so I clicked on my hat light and slowly turned to look. There was a big doe walking straight towards the tree looking at me. She walked right up to the tree and sniffed my boot (I was standing on the bottom of the 2nd stick).

After a few minutes that felt like forever she walked past the tree and began crunching on acorns. As slowly as I could in the dark I climbed the tree. After it was a little light I could make out where her head was and moved when she was crunching acorns. I made it to the stand and tried to bring my bow up, but every time I moved the rope she walked over and looked up and me and then back to the bow. Finally she began to walked off. I estimate she was under me for over an hour with my bow hanging at about eye level. Plus, I am fairly sure I was on the side of the tree for at least a half hour.

After she walked off I had a group of 4 raccoon walk by and every single one of them looked up at me. The largest one walked over to the tree and climbed up the tree using my sticks and the tree. He got about 5 feet from me and I began waving my hands. He then slowly backed down the tree.

I then had another doe come crashing thru from the ridge to the south. She kept looking back so I was hoping for some really early chasing in the 35 degree weather. She never got closer than about 60 yds thru the woods. I wanted to the leave the property by 9:00 to get home so I climbed down and looked for a tree a little lower on the saddle where I could get on the other side for a west wind. I got blown at numerous times this morning from that direction and that is also where all of the deer went. As I went looking for a better tree I had 4 does come in to within 30 yds, but I decided I needed to leave so I passed. They also were down wind of me and they busted me, but didn't really blow out of the area. I found a better location so moved my stand for the next hunt on that property in 2 weeks.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  18. Swampstomper

Swampstomper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checked cameras this afternoon before I went back to work. Had one stolen last night so one cheap camera gone, man I hate thieves. Fall is slowly creeping up here in the south. Heard some speckle bellies flying this morning, about two weeks early for them to be this far south. Found some scrape action while working this weekend, good sign. Acorns have started to drop at a steady rate. Rain forecast for the next two days but if it isn't lightning, I'll be in the stand before sunrise tomorrow. Good luck to all and be safe out there.

19. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Decided I'm going in to my office tomorrow to take care of things on my day off (Columbus Day so the Army gets a freebie) so that I have all day Tuesday free now. Not sure if I'm going to do a morning hunt though, all the pics put the deer out at 5pm and it's still pretty warm here. Was shooting the breeze with the game warden from the WMA I plan on hunting this weekend with a buddy and right now he said they are moving before dark, but back into bedding areas before the sun comes up because of the temps. Pretty much the way last season was, and the Covert has proof of that. I may go ahead and do a morning sit also just to get out in the woods! I'm sooo ready for Tuesday to get here, I'd almost say the anticipation is gonna make me pee my pants! LOL

20. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I'll PM you my address! Lol

Would you mind sharing the recipe?