***Team 14 Official Team Thread***

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks...I killed one a week ago and forgot to take 2 pics so it didn't count...lol. I made sure to take them this time. I needed to take a few does off my land anyway.

2. Z7hunter

Z7hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good job guys! We are looking good!

3. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks...Wished we could count a few more does each...lol. I need to take about 1 more off my land. I guess I'll save it for the boys to shoot at.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Love it guys! Keep it up :nana:

We are already ahead of what 12 of the teams finished with last year for points :tu:

5. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I done Doe hunting for this year. I'm gonna see if I can shoot a decent buck.
    What team is in first place now?

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Currently, we are.

7. dj-skyy

dj-skyy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    shot another doe 4 days ago in IL, but i already counted the 1st one....2 does for WI and 1 for IL so far this season...will be waiting for pre-rut now...Nov can't come soon enough....buck or bust now...still got a bonus tag, but that'll be for late season....

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Keep it up DJ, you're having a great season so far :tu:

9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately that is not the case on tags. Dont let anyone tell you different. The last thing that young man needs is to get into trouble on an out of state hunt. What a horrible experience that would be. Believe me, if we could do that, landowners would be auctioning off tags left and right. lol Landowners must be registered in the DNR system along with their land parcels and it is closely monitored by the DNR. We can get unlimited doe tags by county unitl the quota is filled, but they must be in one of the registered family members names and all tags for bow must be filled by the tag owner. No party hunting for bow.

I looked on the DNR site and it looks like the doe tags that nonresidents can still purchase are for gun seasons only. They did that because there were so many nonresidents getting a doe tag and then coming during the rut and shooting bucks. It was a real problem. Bummer. If one of those gun seasons works for him, he is welcome to shoot a doe on one of my properties. Wish I could offer him a bow hunt.

10. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going out again tonight to whack yet another doe if I get the chance!

So far it seems like this season has been pretty amazing for me and alot of other guys filling their doe tags. Hopefully the bucks start showing up in front of us so we can get some real points. Keep up the good work guys!

11. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a small 8 Point yesterday evening...since it was my first buck I will have to post it. Sorry guys....it's Tennessee...lol. I think its only worth 50 point. I have more pics to post for it to count as well. I don't know how to score a Deer either...lol. It only has a 12 inch spread. It's at the Processing place now. When I get it back next week I will try to score if need be...but I don't think it will be over the Ferge clause 50 points....lol. Let me know what you all think before I post it in the score thread. His G2 on one side is broke and is only about an 1.5" long. Thanks!

8 Point 009.jpg 8 Point 002.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  12. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work Bootlegger! Don't worry about it "only" being 50 pts. If you want to shoot a buck, shoot a buck. Don't let this contest change what you want to hunt. Besides, if we all shot does & fergie bucks, we'd have 1200 points, which would easily put us in the top two :tu:

There's a link to a scoring tutorial in the 1st post in the scorecard. I'm guessing he won't crack the 50 mark, but it never hurts to check.

13. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! Honestly...he is a little below average for around here...but not by much...lol. There is another 8 point on my land that is bigger but can't seem to find him at the right time...lol. Then there is that BIG 6. Maybe I will get him tomorrow. I will go ahead and post it as 50 points. Thanks again!

14. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Good job Bootlegger! Congrats on killing a buck with your bow. This team is on a roll!

15. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks you sir! Bow Hunting is not real popular around my area like Rifle's are...so now is the best time to hunt...lol. I bow hunt through muzzle loader season as well. Then I Rifle Hunt some to when it opens. I wished we had more monster bucks around here...but we don't even the older 5 year old aren't what you would call a monster...lol. The state record is just like 183" I got 2 or 3 good bucks on my land but haven't seen them from the stand yet. I got one that is a Huge 6 point...then another 8 point that is much bigger than that little guy. I let the Big 6 walk last year hoping he would get bigger...but has almost the same rack this year. He's 4.5 this year...so if I see him this year again, gonna try to take him. Anyway....thanks again! Next year going to Ohio to hunt some. That will be fun.

16. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz is afraid to update the scorecard and bump outta first place :P :nana:

17. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I ain't skerd :tu:

18. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Working again this evening. Oh well, the orange army is getting an early start for the next few days here in Arkansas. It's an antlerless only season. Planning to take advantage of it Sunday evening and help my 13 y.o. nephew get his first deer. I will be bowhunting over a pond the deer water at every evening just before dark. I'm just hunting horns tomorrow because it's a safe bet my nephew will kill one.

19. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got out for an evening hunt. I saw a lot of activity. Over twenty deer total and only one good buck. He is a very mature buck with a unicorn tine coming out of his forehead. He has a good 5 pt left side and his right side is smaller with 5 pts and then the unicorn tine that is probably about 7 inches long. He was at 13 yards for over 10 minutes but I really want my son to get him. I would have it mounted if he gets it. He probably would not quite make 150" but is really cool and would make an awesome first bow buck for my boy. Since he was right there I did not mess up the spot by shooting any of the 6 or 7 does that walked right past me. Fun night for sure. Tomorrow night I will be sitting there with my son.

20. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    I hope your son gets him Fletch.