**** Team 9 Double Lung Liquidators *****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by bowhunter448, Aug 19, 2013.

1. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a good time regardless, Matt!

2. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Hope everyone had a good day!!

3. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yeah i washed my clothes in dead down wind wash before hand, then sprayed them down with dead down wind and dried them again. Reapplied it to my clothes and boots before walking in. Wind was fine too. just nothing moving by my sets i guess.

Tomorrow morning rain starts at 4am and goes till about noon. Im going to wake up and if its just a drizzle head back out to a big funnel between a huge posted area on the back of a public park and a monster white oak ridge. Ive had great success here in the past especially early on in the season. If its raining decently i might just sit behind the house for first light or not go at all, not worth getting sick over at this point in the season. Ill go out in the afternoon, but since i have to go back to college that night i probably wont be slinging an arrow unless its a good buck. We'll see though.

4. luke/r

luke/r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The youth hunt went good. My cousins son got his first deer a spike. His daughter missed a doe. Except for the rain it was a great weekend!

5. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My son shot a nice doe yesterday evening during the youth hunt. I will post some pics and story after I get home from work and get a little sleep(haven't been to bed yet...but it's worth it).

6. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Sounds like a great time - Congrats!

7. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to your son (and you)...looking forward to pics!

8. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Joe - I checked your vids out - nice job. You can get a lot accomplished in 5 minute vids...and easy enough to find time to tune in also...keep up the good work!

9. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I was too lazy to get up this morning. Went Saturday and Sunday morning but working till midnight the last 3 nights and getting up at 4am didn't work out. I slept till 930 today. Anyway I have the next 3 days off. Tomorrow I have a lot to get done around the house, put some new tires on the car, try to get a water leak fixed on my jeep other fun stuff. Going to try and get up to my private land I have to hunt on Wednesday. Haven't been up there in 3 months probably. This is one of those places I always see tons of deer but the bucks don't really show up till November. Pretty common occurrence. Then Thursday I think I going to head back to the Corp of Engineers ground. Have another spot up there I want to try.

10. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    thanks! I figured keep it short and sweet, and somewhat interesting as possible!

11. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Matt - sounds like a couple days of good hunting - Good Luck!

12. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Going to be a long day at the office for two thumbs and this guy! Hopefully you guys are out in the field!

13. ArcheryAddict21

Dislikes Received:
    got up this morning and as the weather man promised it was a DOWNPOUR so i slept in, went to a doctors appointment, and headed out at 3 for the afternoon hunt. It was 80 degrees here saturday, and tonight it was 54 i figured deer would be on their feet. Bumped a doe and a small buck moving in and was kind of pissed about it but there was nothing i could do. At about 440 a doe came in behind me but presented no shot, winded me or saw me, and took off over the ridge. Didnt see anything until i was about to climb down. Then a whole herd came through my pinch point just like I imagined it. Walked right down the edge of the hill to 7 yards from the tree. I really had to grit my teeth on this one guys, here i am in the tree passing on doe after doe my first year with the recurve AT 7 YARDS. I knew i couldnt shoot because i needed to leave to get back to school shortly and the tracking, gutting, processing would take way to long at this point to get to school. It sucks, but ill be back in that tree, wind permitting that is, next saturday evening and this time they wont get a free pass. I did see a really heavy bodied deer, most certainly a buck at about 50 yards at dark but couldnt make out his headgear. Im super pumped to hit that stand as rut gets closer, its a real producer i have a feeling.

Good luck to everyone hitting it this week!

14. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Sounds like you got a winner spot there, wait for the right time and hammer it!!

Don't know how your stamina is, but it sounds like you have an all day sit stand there, good luck!

15. ArcheryAddict21

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I could sit all day, but at this time in the season I like to jump around a bit. right now i have a property good for morning and one good for evening. That tree will be one of the two i sit in all day once rut hits though. Can't wait till the rut comes back, I live for that time of year :sad:

16. luke/r

luke/r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't make it out this morning. Feel like crud. Darn colds!!!

17. Jdicenhour

Jdicenhour Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally had time to sit down an go through my trail cam pics an study them an figure out how many different bucks I got on camera an it's 3 not 4 like I first thought. All three bucks are I'm the 2-2.5 age range so unless I decide to take out the top left buck because of his funky rack I really hadn't got nothing worth shooting

Attached Files:

18. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully you feel better

19. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    I would go for the top left. I like the symmetry but I'd love a unique rack.

20. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'd take one of those bucks any day of the week!! you got tags, might as well use them right? take one, leave the rest for next year!!

even though it's Tuesday, whats everyone elses plan for the 3 day weekend? I'm looking at a definite Saturday morning hunt, maybe a sunday morning, and definitely a Monday morning hunt!