Team 33 - Whitetail Mafia

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by wisbh, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So i'm really kicking myself for not going this morning, I checked the weather before i went to bed last night and it said t-storms all day today. I wake up at 0630 this morning not a drop of rain outside. It may have rained in Moraine but it didnt 30 miles away. i shouldve chanced it this morning, But the radar is showing the storms to start hard around 4 today but tommorrow and monday will be clear skies.

2. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My son came down with an ear infection so this morning was a no go. However, I'm going out tonight. We'll see how it goes!

3. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its was raining pretty hard and foggy when I woke up this morning so I stayed home. Its the youth hunt in Wisconsin today and tomorrow so I wasn't to keen on wearing blaze orange anyhow. I'll be back at it Monday morning.

4. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There's a rumor going around..... Something about Illinois.

5. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Smoked a little doe this morning! I did actually what I said I wouldn't do this year and shot a small doe! But it was the first deer I seen and I needed meat. Not to mention I really thought she was a lot bigger I was pretty upset when I walked up to her and noticed she was as small as she was! But she'll sure taste good anyway it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!!

7. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I am back from Indiana. Not going to lie it was a pretty crappy trip. I didn't see anything on the friday morning hunt then friday night it was hot and humid I sat over a large acorn flat and had a couple good does come in but never presented a shot. I did have a doe fawn hang by my stand for about an hour but she was just to dang small to shoot. Then thats when the weekend turned south.

Saturday morning the hunt started off decent I was sitting on the wood edge over looking our clover plot and around 9 am I had a doe come in at 30 yards but she was kind of spooky and wasn't going to be staying long. I lined up the shot and let the arrow fly. Well as soon as I shot she took a half step forward and it hit her a little back and a tad high. Once she was hit she took off back into the woods. At the time I wasn't to worried I had time and I figured the rage would do its job I would just go drop my gear and grab a snack and start the search. What I didn't count on was the down poor that started 20 minutes later. We only had a 30% chance of rain but the way it was coming down you would have thought it was higher!

So I rushed over to the woods so I could at least get an idea of the blood trail before it washed away. Well it was to late, the blood was gone even on my arrow. I walked the woods for about 3 hours in a grid search and never was able to find her. I was pretty disapointed and tired! It really ruined my day. Our new Kabota was even delivered later that day and I was still pissed about the doe.

I went back out to the acorn flat again after the rain stopped that afternoon and I had great action. Does everywhere but they all stayed just out of range or never offered a good shot. My little Doe fawn even stopped back by for about 45 minutes. Then just as light was fading and the rain started falling again I had a nice Doe working in but the rain was to heavy and I lost any visability I had. So I came home empty handed.

Even though it was kind of a crappy trip I still learned alot that will help me later in the season. Should turn out pretty good.

8. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Way to fill the freezer CKeith! Congrats man

9. AlexB32

AlexB32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will be heading out in the morning. I'll let you guy know how it goes.

10. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    I just heard there is another IL doe on the ground!

11. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We might have a problem...The guy who got it (not gonna name names...cough cough...jake) Thinks someone got it on film!

How many times I gotta tell you guys, No witnesses! :lol::p

12. AlexB32

AlexB32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well got out there this morning and saw six does. They are the first deer I have seen this season. No shot opportunities though. The weather is really starting to cool off around here in the mornings so I think its getting them moving. Headed back out this afternoon.

13. dingodango

dingodango Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, great job getting us on the board! The deer in my area are still not moving in the daylight so I am going to wait till this weekend to try it again. Fri-Sat-Sun this past weekend I saw a total of 3 deer, and only 1 during shooting hours at about 100 yards so it was a pretty crappy weekend. ALthough I can't really say that 100 percent because I enjoyed just getting out in the woods again! Good luck this week guys I will check back in before this weekend.

14. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Actually got both on film! we pulled a double. I was not even hunting this mourning, I was filming for a friend and he had never shot one so I took him out and well 3 came out and he heart shot his at 20 yrds and the yearling wouldn't leave. He shot the yearlings mom, which we thought was the other doe. It circled around and I let the Killzone go to work. Dang near pinned him to the ground. Turned out to be a button buck but will score it as a doe. Did not see the knobs on his head because they where so small. Kinda sucks thinking that I took out the next beaty buck! But, thats hunting.

15. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    BTW did you guys get the video of the buck I let walk?

16. dingodango

dingodango Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did not receive any videos I do not believe.

17. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I got it

18. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got it too. I hope you got pictures before you stuffed it in the Yeti.

19. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So i went out and hunted the same stand i killed the doe out of yesterday this afternoon. I had a big doe, small doe and a button buck come out at 540 and mess around. I knew i wasnt going to shoot the small deer but said if the big one gave me a shot i'd take it. The 2 little deer feed around in front of me for about 15 minutes at less than 15 yards and the big doe ponder around behind me. As i was watching her waiting on my shot i seen the button buck look to right and take off to the left, which scared the rest of the deer up the hill. I looked over and a damn raccoon had fell off a log and scared them. I looked back at the big deer and she gave me a quartering away shot(which is my favorite) at 25 yards. I am not sure what happened but i shot right under her. I thought already that i missed her but once they ran off i climbed down out of the lone wolf and found my arrow Zero blood just liked a expected, so i went and climbed back in my stand and sat the rest of the evening and didnt see anything else. But i'll be out there first thing in the morning and to sat all day. Tomorrow is my last day to hunt moraine hills. i think tommorw during lunch i may move my stand for the final evening, i'm not positive but am debating on it.

20. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    oh Yeah I got pics. I am editing the video and it takes a LONG time. Ive been working on the video since 4 and cutting up the meat as well.