G5 T3 heads?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by carnage1990, Aug 25, 2013.

1. carnage1990

carnage1990 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get me wrong I will be carrying my trusty Mahmud buzz cuts in my quiver. However I want to give a mechanical head a try as well. Has anyone used the G5 T3 heads? Have any stories or pictures?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

2. carnage1990

Dislikes Received:
    Magnus*

3. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I killed the buck in my avatar with one, and 2 does with the other two broadheads. Obviously as I stated I killed all 3, but the ferrule broke or cracked on all 3 broadheads. Needless to say I didn't use them anymore. I've had good luck with New Archery Products Bloodrunners & Killzones.

4. carnage1990

Dislikes Received:
    I've always wanted to try the blood runner soooooo bad. But the reviews I read aren't the greatest

5. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love the t3s. Haven't shot a deer with them yet but shot one through a quarter inch of leather and 3/4 inches of plywood with no damage at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. AZbowhunter65

AZbowhunter65 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot 2 Javelina with the T-3. One I shot forward and never recovered it and the other was hit behind the shoulder and dropped where it stood. I am shooting Slick Tricks this year but with any broadhead shot placement is everything.

7. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have killed a dozen or so deer with them. Flawless so far in every way.

8. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    very good mechanicals. i have used those and the G5 strikers ever since i got my bow and love them both

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  9. scooters

scooters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have mixed results on the t3. I too had the same thing happen with the ferrule cracking. I shot three deer 2 bucks and a doe. One buck that was a pass through. That deer I never recovered it had good blood trail and then it just shut off. I believe it was a high shot because he dropped. The doe was a pass through and only ran 25 yds. The third buck the arrow went in from back top side hitting the liver into the lungs went about 100 yds and bleed great. When I removed the arrow one blade was missing and the ferrule was cracked. I also had one other crack but I can't remember how I did it. I thought it was when I might have missed the deer and pile drove it into the dirt:( I have since switched to the qad exodus and the st viper. The jury is still out on them didn't shoot a deer last year with a bow:(

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  10. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In the reviews I have read on them, the reviews with broken blades and cracked ferrules are from 2010 and 2011 and the ones from later years are fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. raynman46

raynman46 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im not sold on the sliding action... I love my Grim Reaper's. The new toxic's are really tempting though. I just want to wait and see how the penetration is on those bad boys

12. Vendetta88

Vendetta88 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Made a good shot on a black bear 2 years ago and had a great blood trail for about 75 yards, but never found it after tracking him for probably 500 yards before the wound closed up. Recovered the arrow and two of the blades were broken off. They fly great and are extremely sharp but I could never trust shooting them again. I'll stick with my slick tricks!

13. Jimolsson7

Jimolsson7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot three deer last year with the T3's. I had pass through on all of the shots and no issues with recovery. I haven't seen any indication of damage to them but it was stated that the problems were in previous years. T3 is one if the best in my book but doesn't have a huge cutting diameter. I went with the tried and true NAP Spitfire this year and killed a huge black bear with it. Shoot whatever makes you feel confident. Anything will do the job when you hit them right.

14. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used them for the last 2 years. The first year I had them I shot a doe, complete pass thru @ 20 yards. The second deer that year was the buck in my avatar. I hit him back a bit and he was not recovered until about 6 days later after the yotes and other critters tore him up. That shot was @ 26 yards and the arrow went all the way through except for the vanes and he carried it for a couple yards. They make good sized holes. I was shooting 62 lbs. @ 28 1/2 in. draw at the time. Since then I had two herniated discs operated on and have had to decrease my draw weight down to about 56-57 lbs. and I have decided to go with Slick Trick Standards this year. If I was over that 60 mark I think I'd still give them a try. Have to pre-set the tension on the blades and tune them to make sure they open without a lot of force. Out of the package they were way too tight to open correctly IMO.

15. Jimolsson7

Jimolsson7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I never changed any settings on my heads. They feel like it takes a lot to open them but animal hides are tougher than you think. My local archery shop did a test and videoed bloodrunners and t3's that opened when shot through a piece of duct tape. In my own personal opinion any problems I have had with equipment were caused by operator error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

16. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a box of these. A buddy of mine uses them and says there is no issue with tuning. They fly identical to his field points.

17. linkinsplita

linkinsplita Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've used T3s and killzones in the past 2 years. Killzones leave a very nasty slice in the deer, it's quite amazing. However, when I compare to the T3s I prefer them. It's more of a hole since they are a 3 blade and the deer seem to expire much faster with the 3 blade design. They also fly perfect.

18. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    shot two does this year with them...first time using them. Both double lung shots. Deer both ran 50 yds ish... Blood trail wasn't great, but I think that was bc I hit them high lung. The 2nd deer....hard quartering away shot....the arrow went through the deer and blew through the opposite shoulder into the dirt.

Both were dead inside 60 yds....good head to me.

19. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    if you're shooting 70lbs and 29'' draw depending on your arrow weight (I say about 380 grains and up) you should get a pass through easy

20. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The T3's are good Broadheads, seen a few deer killed with them and they were nasty holes.