Ameristep!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Hightower, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Hightower

Hightower Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought an Ameristep Brickhouse blind for 95 bucks. Thought it was AP but after removing it from the box it was Tangle 2.0????? Anyone know how these blinds hold up???? If you guys think the camo pattern is ok or should I return it and save up for the Bone Collector or Intimidator??????

2. BlueCopper

BlueCopper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have one in the Realtree AP. I've only used it slightly this season but so far its been great.

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We've got an Ameristep and actually buying another. We've never had an issue so far...one thing of advice though is we always waterproof treat ours right when we buy them with that spray stuff. Then let it air out for a good month before ever using or applying scent away to it! We feel this treatment not only seals the thing from un desirable drips but also seals it touch tighter for scent.

4. Keyman

Keyman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    When shooting out of your ameristep blind do u leave the screens up or take them down? I am shooting Rage 2 blades and am just wondering if i should leave the screen up and shoot through it or not?

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    You don't want to shoot mechanical heads through a mesh screen as they'll open going through. Get some good fixed or take mesh down.

6. Keyman

Keyman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    TYVM tynimiller!!!!

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Not a problem if you won't be blind hunting a lot but want to leave mesh up I'd say get your self some of the trusty Thunderheads. They're cheap, very sharp and have been getting the job done for years...there are many fixed broadheads out there though and to be honest all will and have killed deer. I said Thunderheads only for the fact they're everywhere (Walmart even carries them....if you shop there that is.)

8. Hightower

Dislikes Received:
    Should I just use it or take it back and wait on the Realtree AP one to come in???? Mine is Tangle 2.0.....

9. Hightower

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone?

10. Keyman

Keyman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I really like mine alot. It takes me a whole 3 mins to set it up and after i have it set up it is maybe another 5 mins and i am ready to hunt. I hope this little bit of information helps out. I haven't had mine that long to be able to tell you how long they last but it seems very sturdy and well made to me.

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    If you use vegetation/limbs/grasses to cover it some it won't matter what pattern it is IMO

12. BlueCopper

BlueCopper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I don't even know what Tangle 2.0 looks like. I doubt the deer will care much though what color it is.

13. keithp

keithp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I dont think the actual pattern will matter to the critters your hunting!
    Matter of fact the only critters that seem to care about camo is the human version..
    Watch videos from yester-year and they wore plaid wool jackets and hats and still killed deer... Coincidence I think not!
    The best thing to do is make sure that you brush the blind into where ever you are hunting... If you looks like it belong there it wont matter what color it is!

14. Mkwa Hunter

Mkwa Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased a Bone Collector this year and I have to be honest. It is one tough blind. It has been through two bear shredding and still lives to cover us for another day of hunting.