Has anybody ever taken their bow on a Hog Hunt ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by IAMIKE, Oct 4, 2013.

1. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is something I want to do, but not sure how it would work with a bow, would prefer to hunt a feeder I guess rather than spot and stalk. But if it came down to it, Im sure i would do either no questions about it. What did you guys pay to do it? Thinking about trying to book a trip this fall.

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yah man! Bunch of us hunt hogs with bows. We head south into OK or TX. I'm not going to quote exact prices we pay because we get a group discount but its dirt cheap compared to anything else. Most guys sling arrows at them from the tree stands but they will let you spot and stalkif you want a bit of more of a challenge. It's good times if you can go with lots of buddies!

3. Imthedude

Imthedude Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of fun, just stuck one last weekend. Kill zone on a hog is a little smaller on a hog, little bit forward and a little lower compared to a deer. Where do you live? Here in Tx it's open season on them, 365 days a year, night or day. They are considered exotics so out of state license is a lot cheaper than whitetail.

4. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going after them with a bow is a lot of fun. If you don't want to spend much money you may want to check out public land in Florida, Texas, or Georgia. They're everywhere down here.

5. Full Draw

Full Draw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I kill over a 100 a year with a bow. It's bow only for me for everything.

"Live Life at Full Draw"