Team 16 - Fatal Trajectory

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by POWERHAWK_11, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    YESSIR!!!!!! :tu:

To everyone that is hunting opening day today, be safe and the best of luck to you all!!! I'll be getting after 'em bright and early on Saturday morning!

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Here's the official rules, the video portion is a bit confusing to me, but I'd assume if you video the hunt and then maybe the last few yards did another video and set the camera down to capture yourself walking up to the deer with bow it should count. Other than that just make sure you have two separate photos of you, the deer and your bow in the picture, also include the date and time when you submit them in the entry thread. Those 5 things must all be in the entry or it won't count.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    On my phone and not very good data signal, but youtube is always a good place to start, I'm sure tree are tons of them on there

4. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Opening weekend Blues.
    Saturday beautiful but nothing.
    Sunday RAIN!
    Monday FOGGY!
    Today MUGGY!
    Looking at Saturday to be the saving grace of this first week here in Ease Texas.

5. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    8 does and 2 bucks, all on the otherside of the field, they found my big buck dead yesterday in a lake next to my property, 160"-10 point, said it died of ehd...

6. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man, I hate to hear that about a nice, mature buck. :( I haven't heard of anything found around our property, but that doesn't mean we escaped the EHD outbreak this year. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue. On the upside, it's good to hear you saw a good bunch of deer today. I'll be out this weekend, and if the forecast holds, the cooler weather will be a welcome change.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    At least you seen some on the hoof, was pretty warm out there this am. Ma nature isn't so nice sometimes, hopefully the couple you seen today are toting his genetics.

Was he your number one? Never know what the ruts going to bring, them again sounds like you're hunting 3 states and all offer trophies up. Good luck the next time you get out, hopefully the weather is a bit more fall like.

8. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is was my number one in Illinois, My biggest buck will most likely come from Kansas, but it probably wont be my first buck..I am on the hunt for meat right now, need to fill my freezer for winter.. Well I am heading to the stand, we shall see...Good Luck Everyone..

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up my tags tonight after work, ready and able. Unfortunately the temps keep going up for Friday, I'm not guaranteeing I'll make it out this weekend. But that being said, I'm anxious to get out there and odds are I'll be out there Friday morning. Going to replace some blades on a few rages and get the quiver back in hunt mode after work tomorrow.

All I can say is damn the weather, I just hope the end of Oct and early November cooperate. I don't want my vacation to be an Indian summer typed week. I might try to pull an impromptu ravening hunt on some public land, that's the only way I can hunt some ag fields, but highs near 90 will probably negate that idea

10. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    The weather guessers are talking about a total washout of a day for Saturday. Supposed to clear Saturday night, with morning temps in the 40's on Sunday. As of now, I'm taking the wait and see attitude for Saturday morning and evening, but for sure, I'll be in a tree Sunday morning for my first sit of the season. Man, I am stoked to get out there again! :tu:

11. Lt.smoke

Lt.smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Doing some last minute preparations for Season... Doesnt sound like I will make season opener :(

12. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Planning to hit the woods tomorrow evening with my son for his first 'bowhunt' for deer using the crossbow. Hope the weather holds out.

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Today was a wash. Was a bit late getting into stand, about 20 minutes before shooting light. Didn't bump anything so wasn't too worried about it. Sat until just after 10 and not even a glimpse of a deer. Carried my cams and mock scrape stuff to the stand so climbed down and figured I'd get them up. Pulled everything out of the bag and realized I left my keys for all the locks up at the truck. So back to the truck to retrieve I go. Half way up I had a deer start blowing at me, took a shortcut through a small patch of timber and as I came back out on the 4 wheeler path seen an antlerless deer run across the path from where the one was blowing.

All in all I got everything done but a deer on the ground. Set both cams up and made the mock scrape, had all my cards with me but no card reader so I put one in and tested the cams and then switched them out. Looked at them when I got home and the one set to video over the scrape is aimed a bit high, it should Show a rack if one tries it but I'll need to lower it next time out.

I doubt I make it back out this weekend, Sunday is going to be very tempting though. Work is so slow they've decided to shut down Columbus Day, so I'll have a 4 day weekend next week. Still going to be a bit warm, but a lot better than today was.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  14. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its finally here. Tomorrow is the opener here in PA. Won't be able to make it out in the morning due to baseball but will make it home for the evening sit. Looking to take out a buck that I have patterned. Good luck to anyone else going out tomorrow.

15. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck PowerHawk. Hope you get that guy.

16. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    cold front is just moving in. there was a lot of movement this morning but saw I nothing. I got a few guys that did well today but not so much for me.
    Looking to get out in the morning on Sunday and then Monday morning. I will let you know how it went.

17. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    We're still waiting on the cold front to roll through central Illinois. I'll be out among them in the morning, and hoping the wind and temp predictions are right. Still a lot of green in the timber, but I have been getting good movement activity on the trail cam's, so I'm hopeful I'll see a few deer in the morning.

Marinated, bacon-wrapped venison tenderloins for dinner tonight, so I know I'll be well fed and ready for tomorrow morning! :o

18. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    had a beautiful 130" buck at 60 yards tonight but he was in crp and I didn't have a shot. won't be able to get out again until Friday.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just about to call it a night, didn't get anywhere near the rain tonight they were predicting. Actually just a few sprinkles so far, they raised low temps a few degrees overnight but still only a high of 64 tomorrow. I'll take it in Oct., but I'll be out for a morning sit. Just need to figure out which stand I want to sit.

Good luck tomorrow all going out.

20. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had a good morning for hunting. Cool weather, light breeze. I saw several deer this morning, but nothing within range. Lots of green still in the timber, so I didn't get a real good look at any of them. The squirrels were going nuts as usual, so that provided some entertainment too. We need a good frost to knock down some weeds, and get the deer moving!

Winds are gusting above 25 mph this afternoon, so I am gonna sit this afternoon out. I don't need a tree limb on my head..........and the Cardinals are playing..........so that's reason enough for me! ;)