TH200 Technohunt Indoor Archery Simulator - For Sale - southern Illinois

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by y33trekker, Jul 23, 2013.

1. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Offered for sale is a Technohunt TH200. This is the single shooter Technohunt archery system that includes the upgraded arrow speed chronograph and simulated yardage capabilities of the TH300 multi-shooter system. I also have it listed on various Craigslist sites in the midwest including the areas of Louisville, KY, St. Louis, MO, Little Rock AR, Nashville, TN, and Indianapolis, IN, but I wasn't sure how much some of you used Craigslist, so I thought I try listing here again too.

I've listed a lot of info in this ad, but since we both know these systems aren't exactly cheap, I wanted to try to address as many questions as possible now to save us both some time later.

The system is currently disassembled and ready for pickup/delivery, but the sensors and software were confirmed as fully functional when I took delivery using some basic diagnostic tests suggested by an employee of the Technohunt company. Two items of note are that the projector bulb was described by the previous owners as starting to dim slightly, and, new reflective tape will be required since the previous owner applied it directly to the floor and walls and it could not be removed without tearing when the system was disassembled. I've priced replacements for a new projector bulb and new reflective tape at about $300 total.

System includes desktop pc with Technohunt software, three different shooting scenario DVD's, pc monitor, keyboard, mouse, canvas shooting screen (with new metal eyelets), upgraded Newton Model 1410 Infrared arrow sensors, sensor cables, Rocketport Interface box, video projector, blunt arrow tips, operating and calibration manual, etc, all ready for installation and usage.

The pc currently runs Windows 98 because the previous owners took an "if it's not broke, don't fix it" approach with system upgrades in light of the cost of a replacement/upgrade pc from the manufacturer. They chose instead to spend their money where it mattered most, which is why this system has the upgraded Newton Model 1410 sensors and DVD video playback. In short, it has it where it counts for shooting accuracy and video quality.

You'll only need a shooting tunnel and some archers. Manufacturer recommend shooting tunnel sizes and building instructions can be found on the Technohunt website.

Shipment is possible, but I would prefer local pickup or meeting halfway to make in-person delivery so that the expensive Newton 1410 arrow sensors wouldn't be exposed to rough riding commercial delivery vehicles (UPS/Fed-Ex/etc). Everything will fit in a regular sized truck bed, although I would suggest bringing a mid-sized SUV (or a truck with a bed cover or topper) so that all of the electronics would be protected in case of any bad weather during the trip. For additional reference in choosing a vehicle, the fiberglass rods used for the canvas shooting screen are about 10 feet long, so something with a roof rack would also be helpful.

Technohunt TH200 Archery Simulator.

Reduced asking price is $9500 plus shipping and/or delivery expenses if required. call or text - (618)841-5675 #1.jpg #3.jpg #4.jpg IMG_0146.jpg IMG_0152.jpg IMG_0156.jpg IMG_0161.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Price reduced 8-17-13

$9750

3. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Still available as of 10-3-13.

Price reduced, and additional photos and system information added to original posting.

$9500

4. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to clarify this. I purchased this system already disassembled after being assured by the business owner who owned it previously that it had been fully functional up to the point that he disassembled it. When I went to the business to get it, I connected and powered everything back up and confirmed that the sensors and software were fully operational using some basic diagnostic tests suggested by an employee of the Technohunt company. I have not set it back up in an actual shooting tunnel since I bought it (long story), so aside from seeing for myself that everything worked when hooked up and turned on while sitting on a table, that is all I can personally say about the system.

Still available as of 11/15/2013

5. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Asking price reduced.

$9250

6. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to use this system.

Open to offers.

7. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Currently listed on Craigslist in a couple of different locations for $7300.

That price is good here too.

8. drottmayer

drottmayer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ref your TH200

Are you willing to offer a money back guarantee if the system is not working once set up?

9. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, as long as you (or someone helping you) knows how these systems work, or is at least technically inclined enough to understand and apply the setup and calibration procedures in the system reference manual that is included in the purchase. I know that all of the individual components work and communicate correctly with each other, but unless everything is set up how (and where) it's supposed to be, these systems CAN be tricky to get calibrated.

For example, I had another Techno system I sold here quite awhile back that I had seen for myself worked correctly before I bought it. When the new owner got it set up though, we first had a problem with one of the lasers not powering up. It turned out that a wire had apparently come off one of the connectors inside the case during shipping at some point. Once that was solved, the system was THEN not detecting shots towards one of the lower corners of the screen. My guess was that either some of the reflective tape was out of alignment, or one of the lasers was a little out of alignment. That eventually got sorted out too though and as far as I know everything is now fine.

If for some reason you asked for a refund, I would need some sort of proof that the system was not operational and that your request wasn't just because of buyers remorse or ??? Unfortunately, I have to say that because of an experience I had selling a Dart system a few years ago. That buyer told me that system hadn't worked when he got it set up, but he also told me he didn't have some Technohunt cables I'd delivered with his Dart system by mistake, and changed his story about having them, not having them, maybe they got stolen, he thought he may have found them now, etc, etc, etc, far too many times to be believable...which made me wonder if I was simply getting another story about the Dart system not working and him saying it was going to cost extra money to fix.

(And for what it's worth, I never got those cables back from him. They were supposed to go to the person who bought the Techno system I described first in this post. After awhile of the Dart system purchaser changing his story and not cooperating though (even though I had photographic evidence that the Techno cables had been with the Dart system as I was getting it ready for delivery), I ended up just buying a new set of cables directly from Technohunt, and having them sent directly to the new Technohunt owner. My mistake for leaving them with the Dart system in the first place, but still... $#!+ happens though. )

I'll send you my cell# via PM so we can talk more if you're still interested, but along with what I said in my original post, the person who actually ran this system on a daily basis for the previous owner told me before I bought it that it had been working correctly (except for the bulb starting to dim slightly) before it was disassembled in their shop. His comments, plus what I saw for myself when I got there to pick it up by doing the basic diagnostics that had been suggested by the Technohunt rep, at least made ME feel safe enough to go ahead with my purchase.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  10. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    System is still available.

And I didn't think of this before, but seeing as how I'm a relative unknown here, the following link is to my Ebay ID and feedback page for further reference of my past selling experience.

pak65 on eBay

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  11. dqcrawford

dqcrawford Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi there, can you PM your cell and email so I can talk to you about this? Or, email me direct at [email protected]. That's assuming you still have it.

Thanks in advance.

12. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Email sent 9/13/2014

13. y33trekker

y33trekker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sold 9/22/14