Arrow problem ???

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Webbs, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Webbs

Webbs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys im new here and also new to archery ive only had my bow a few months but shoot every day but last week i seen a great deal on some GT hunters 55-75 i have been shooting Carbon Express Big buck downs 55-70 and Carbon Express Speed freaks 55-70. well anyway i just picked up some G5 Montecs and through the GT's they are shooting consistently low and right, but with the CE the broadheads are shooting right on ? would the 55-75 make that much of a difference????? btw DW is 65 and DL is 29 ? thanks for the help guys i have really learned alot on here! :bow:

2. DrawBackBowhunting

DrawBackBowhunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't think so, there's a couple guys on here that know a lot about arrows though, hoping they chime in for you.

3. Webbs

Webbs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    alright thanks! they are shooting a bit weird with field points to and they have me puzzled

4. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is normal...your bow may be tuned for one arrow but not the other...with the arrow spines being slightly different this may affect arrow flight. I would suggest go back to the basics and paper tune your bow and then do a walk back tune. I normally get one kind of arrow I'm going to shoot and stay with those arrows. use this to help... http://www.eastonarchery.com/img/downloads/software/tuning_guide.pdf

5. Webbs

Webbs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advice!

6. zeelaagee

zeelaagee Newb

Dislikes Received:
    it's like rounds for a gun. each load if not exactly like the other will have a different ballistic effect than the next. snipers in the military use hand loaded, exact match rounds for this reason.

like adamant said, each arrow model/brand is different from the next. find a good quality arrow and use that one exclusively. what you're experiencing should not be unexpected.

the thing with archery is that EVERY change has an impact, minor or major. that's the beauty of the sport.