Team 33 - Whitetail Mafia

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by wisbh, Sep 10, 2013.

1. smfd232

smfd232 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just received permission to hunt a new property tonight. It's an old Christmas tree farm next to a hardwood stand in between two harvested corn fields. I'm heading to the stand tomorrow morning and then going out to scout the new area!

2. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Down by our old farm is Almost that exact same setup. We always saw monsters running around that place. Good luck I hope it works out

3. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We had a giant Christmas tree farm down the road from my house in Ms , it always had monsters on it! Maybe it was because the owner allowed no one to hunt it but one way or the other it had giants on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    we wont start till the afternoon. got to let the moisture get off the beans before we cut them

5. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear you can still hunt mornings. There saying rain by Thursday. Hope your done by then. Nobody is taking beans yet up here but there close. Maybe a week or two. The beans on the farm I hunt on where planted very late and are still totally green. Not even starting to turn yellow yet and needless to say, the deer are loving them!

6. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, Where is the rest of the team?

We haven't heard from KYBob (Bob), Alexb32 (Alex), Octanerudi (Rudi), or Realtree24 (Anthony) for a while. I know some of their seasons have started and it would be great to hear how things are going for you.

And to all of you who's season starts this week, Good Luck!! But above all else, have fun and be careful.

7. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    Its pretty common to have a lot of the team show up early and not stay with it thru the year! I have done this contest 3 years in a row and it seems as if its always 5 guys that really go after it. The Teams that win usually have people on the team with more than 500 post and all are on the forum regularly

8. AlexB32

AlexB32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No fear guys I am still here. I have been working about 70 hours a week lately with no days off, so I really have not had a chance to get to the stand. I will be going out Wednesday though and will provide an update on how things are going. I am a little worried though, they say last years EHD outbreak killed off about 30% of the herd. Hopefully I have some activity by my stands and some good pictures to post.

9. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man that sucks that many deer died!
    I went to bps and got all my last minute things today. I got all my stuff put together waiting on Tuesday to roll around its almost here!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

10. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    I just got done doing laundry for season opener. It's all sitting in the death tote waiting for my log 6 to turn on and create the wonderful new ozone

11. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    I am not quite that fancy. I just have to plastic totes that latch shut. I wash all my stuff then put is all in the totes with a few of those scent waffer things and it all seems to work out pretty good. Plus I don't my wife would let me buy a setup like yours. lol!

I went out to my opening day spot saturday to make sure my stand was still there and the straps were good. I will be sitting on a tree line that extends north from a patch of timber to its south. I have standing corn on the east side and standing beans on the west side. The deer sign looks pretty good and I even jumbed a small basket rack out of the corn when I went in. Its going to be pretty warm but that doesn't really bother me. I don't know if I will kill from this spot tomorrow night but I am at least going to sit out there and see what walks by. I think I will pass the slick heads and wait to take one this weekend.

12. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here is from my pull yesterday. It's the only decent buck so far and I only got half of him. But it's a nice half!:woot:

Pay no attention to the time stamp. This pic was taken sometime between 10am sat Sept 21st and 3pm Sunday Sept 29th.

[​IMG]

13. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Yep that looks like a helluva nice half rack!

14. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ready to go! Just waitin on tomorrow evening

15. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Waggs what time you going out to the woods? Gets dark around 7pm. I was gonna try to be out there by 3 pm.

16. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrow morning cant get here fast enough!!!! I will be in my stand by NLT 0515 in the morning. Imma sit my loc on until 10-1030 run to the truck and grab a sandwich then be in my ground blind by 1200 to finish the evening out. Hopefully i will put a good one on the ground in the morning! I cant wait i feel like i may not get much sleep tonight. :nana:

17. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Well I decided that I would be useless at work tomorrow waiting to go hunt in the afternoon so I took the entire day off. Sunrise is at 6:49 so I should be in the stand by 5:30. Its gonna be a good day!

18. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    I will be living thru you boys tomorrow. Got called in because a couple of guys are sick???? cant imagine why

19. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would have never guessed that!!!!

20. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    I can't say anything. I am "sick" tomorrow. :)