d loop

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by pahunter1972, Sep 29, 2013.

1. pahunter1972

pahunter1972 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Took a chance and with the help of a youtube video tied my first d loop yesterday. It was long at first so I trimmed it down shot 40 or 50 arrows, so far ok. Was nervous at first so I through on my old arm guard, just in case.
    Found a length of the loop material on e bay. Have new peep tubing coming next.

2. caddis74354

caddis74354 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's pretty satisfying working on your own bow. Good job buddy! Depending on the type of bow you have you could tie in the peep yourself, without using a press. Youtube is a WONDERFUL resource for learning to be your own Bowtech. My Admiral doesn't require a press at all. I just have to back out the limbs if I want to work on the cables, or go to full draw on my bow and have my wife or a helper put an Allen wrench in between my cam and the limb to stop ir from going forward. Then I can work on my string.

3. pahunter1972

pahunter1972 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. Just need a new tube for the peep for now. The old one has broke a time or two and is stretched thin, don't need it breaking during the hunt. Safe shooting.

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why not just get a tubeless peep and learn how to install it? Hate the tube peeps.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

5. caddis74354

caddis74354 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a tube peep but about the 15th or 20th time it popped off and hit me in the face I got a meta peep. Pine Ridge has some great tubes they are made out of silicone so they are resistant to sunlight and dry rot.

6. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If your replacing a busted peep tube, you might just want to order 2 so you have a spare in hand.
    I've been learning to work on mine for the simple fact that I'm a pain in the *** and can't stand " Good enough" .
    I learned to work on my guns, might as well
    do my bow too.