I feel horrible

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by drath, Sep 24, 2013.

1. pahunter1972

pahunter1972 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ive done it. Shot one that ended up in my pond, didn't find it until by chance a year later.

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As long as you don't see it in the news in the next couple of days, you're probably OK. Here's my story. I hadn't been shooting very long and I was pretty young at the time. You know, all full of testosterone and such. Well I decided I needed to be macho and shoot at 85#. I had gotten a new bow but kept the same release. I used to shoot off my roof for practice and when I went to shoot that 85# bow with the old release, it released from the string before I was ready. To this day I have no idea where that arrow went. I have neighbors close enough that I could have hit one of their houses. I kinda looked around while I was still on the roof to see if anyone started yelling or some kid started running with an arrow sticking out of them. When I didn't see anyone I just kind of oozed down off that roof and went inside and hoped I didn't have the cops knocking on my door in the next few hours. Fortunately none of that ever happened but I sure learned my lesson that day.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

3. trkytrack2

trkytrack2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rule of thumb.....anything mechanical is bound to fail, sooner or later.