Tree stand tether alternative

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by pahunter1972, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ScentLokSoldierUSA

ScentLokSoldierUSA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say spend the money and use the Hunter Safety System equipment. Tree straps and life lines are relatively cheap and can be left in your tree until season closes.

2. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a climbing rope and prussic knot from Blue Water ropes. The total cost shipped was 26 bucks. The rope is 8mm and the knot is 7mm. I already have 3 Carabiners from my HSS Harness and lifeline so no need to buy more.

809935504_2866656919_0.jpg 809935736_2866657658_0.jpg 809935912_2866658214_0.jpg

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only use a climber so I can't use a lifeline. But what I do is use my Muddy rope linemen's belt as my tree strap. I am hooked on at the ground and I slide it up as I climb. But the rope is very easy. No buckles, just a loop and a prusik to hook onto.

4. pahunter1972

pahunter1972 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone.
    Guess Ill have to stick with current setup.
    Its just hard for me to fasten the strap that goes around the tree every year,( I have 4 stands), as I have some back problems and not getting any younger, and trying to reach that high above my head is a struggle. Id like to just leave them but afraid they will weaken over time, or something will chew em. Speaking of which, hang on stand I set up was up only two weeks when I went to add my rope for pulling up bow,when I went to stand on the thing it was flopping all over. Something, probably a porcupine, had chewed through not only the double sewn part of the tie down strap, but the ratchet strap I had added as a fail safe. have any of you ever seen this happen?
    Not good with adding pics sorry.