Shinning Deer

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by sbrandt300, Sep 26, 2013.

1. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt all over and have lived in so.cal. for 30 years. Backpack the JMT every year. I am typing this from Dana Point.

2. sbrandt300

sbrandt300 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Her in WI u ain't aloud to shine after 10 PM during hunting season. Most of he poacher ain't Guna fire of a rifle that early in the night they will wait til later for the fact ppl will be sleeping. Spot lights don't make everyone a violator.

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wrong. It will very much make enforcement much easier. Anyone that is spotting fields would be breaking the law and likely up to no good. Our local officers are the ones that told me they also wish it was illegal as it would make their jobs a LOT easier. I am guessing they know a lot more about it......

If changing laws doesn't curtail crime, we would not have any laws. That is the poorest argument I have heard yet.

There are very good reasons why its illegal in many areas. Because its an effective law. Like it or not.

4. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Did you actually read the thread? Nobody has ever said spotlights make poachers. It simply makes poaching easy. Its low hanging fruit....you are completely missing the point.

5. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I seriously doubt that the poachers would stop poaching due to a shining law. So in addition to those officers current duties they would have to respond to shining reports, and are that much more stretched.

In a sense, creating more laws creates more crime, and criminals.

6. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad it's illegal here. Every spotlighter is either a poacher, child molester, or serial killer.

7. patientz3ro

patientz3ro Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a charming little town. Wonderful place to raise some kids. Have you considered moving? I hear there are some great after school programs starting up in Syria.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

8. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    You are totally missing it. Ofcourse it does not stop poaching! Did you not read the thread either?
    It makes poaching harder to get away with.
    The other point you missed is that the officers are already spread thin by chasing down spotlighters that are legally doing it because they have no weapon but were called in as poaching by well-meaning land owners or passers-by. As well as chasing down those that are poaching. It means that only poachers would be using spotlights because it would be illegal otherwise so that officers would not be wasting time chasing down a lot of other calls.

As far as your comment about more laws creating more crime and criminals........well, that's like saying more cigarettes creates more smokers. I hope you can see the fallacy in that.

9. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    And wears pink.

10. OutbackRyno

Dislikes Received:
    The fourth reply in this thread says "Shining promotes poaching and trespassing...."

I don't agree with that statement, and I don't agree that more cigarettes creates or promotes more smokers.

Passing a law every time someone does something stupid doesn't solve anything.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  11. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    If that is all you got out of 6 pages of material then I don't know what more to say.

If you agree with my cigarette analogy then you are at odds with your own argument. I will leave it at that.

12. OutbackRyno

Dislikes Received:
    I will rest my case with this.

I am not a fan of laws against victimless crimes.(granted there are more than likely some exceptions)

Creating laws to discourage the stupidity of people is about as ignorant as the people committing the stupidity.

If you dislike something don't punish the ethically sound, and responsible ones for the crimes of the morons.

I won't reply again.

I am in no way using "YOU" meaning you personally Fletch.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  13. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your under the impression if a law is changed that is gonna make people stop. So by your interpretation the laws that we do have would never be broken, which isn't the case. Again making something illegal isn't goin to help the enforcement of laws happen more frequently. Making new laws or changing the legality of anything does nothing unless you enfource laws already present, again thats not the case.

I'm guessing from your aurgument your all for every stupid gun law that's on the table so we can punish the majority to stop the few. And that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

14. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly couldn't tell you per foot, or even know if that's how it was figured up. We don't do things like that a lot and I know most the time we charge per hour with equipment. I think the track hoe is around 150 a hour and we figure how long it will take and if go over that we just eat the expense.

Honestly I just show up to job until boss says go home ha.

15. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What? Why don't you ask your C.O. buddy how many poachers have been busted in Illinois because a warden caught them spotlighting. If the answer is even just 1, it's worth it. But I'd bet it's a hell of alot more than that.

16. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow you guys sound like anti gun lobbyist. Really if they stop even one??? Well we should make guns illegal then. This way it will save even one life. Hell bowhunting should be illegal too. Because that will prevent that one poacher from shooting a buck at midnight while trespassing. Plus these cars we all drive. Are you kidding you know how many lives we will save make them illegal too. And don't get me started on red meat. People die everyday of heart attacks, lets burn all the cows on earth to void the temptation.

This is why we keep losing our rights to bear arms and hunt. Cause moron ideology that even fellow hunters and gun owners share. I wish hunting wasnt so appealing to morons. We would be better off without you.

17. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Are you serious??? Automatic weapons are illegal are there any in America??? Murder is illegal too, how many people are killed everyday??? Downloading music is illegal, how many songs you have???? Drugs anyone???? Oh wait those are illegal too. Again you sound like anti gun lobbyists. If we make it illegal it will go away. A poacher will use spotlighting, while drinking and driving, with a loaded automatic weapon that's silenced, without a tag. But your right if we make flashlights illegal that will stop him. He will have to curl up at the trailer park to never poach again.

America has more jails and people in them then any country in the world. I suppose none of them would be their if flash lights were illegal.

18. patientz3ro

patientz3ro Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They can have my flashlight when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

I have to agree with you. Obviously passing yet another law isn't going to stop criminals who clearly don't give a damn about the law to begin with. Granted, it might make enforcement somewhat easier, in that anyone out there with a light gets busted. On the other hand, that amounts to punishing the innocent for the crimes of the minority, and that's not how we're SUPPOSED to do things in this country.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

19. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO!! Dude, you sound like a lunatic. The meds were prescribed to you for a reason, please take them!

20. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok way to cover for your terribly stupid comment. I hope your like 15 years old. Cause any adult with a comment that dumb needs to be wearing a helmet all day.