Tree Stand Hoist

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ECP1989, Sep 23, 2013.

1. ECP1989

ECP1989 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Recently purchased a linesman belt to help with hanging stands. I had a very difficult time positioning and maneuvering my 20LB hang on stand. Have any of you guys used a tree stand hoist for hanging stands? I've come across these 2 options, any opinions would be appreciated.

FastJac: FastJac Review - YouTube

Bucky Mountain: Tree Stand Ratchet Hoist by Bucky Mountain Products - YouTube

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been looking to get a hold of one to try out for awhile for same reasons as you. I've started using just a rope that I loop over one of the steps on my ladder sticks I use, then tie it off to hold it all while I ground. It works a lot better for hanging stands, although probably not as good as one of the ones you buy, it has definitely made a big difference.

Hopefully somebody that has actually used one can give ya a opinion, I can imagine some will say buy a LW since they're lighter. Which is always a option ha.

3. Bowhunter252

Bowhunter252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go to your local hardware store and get some rope and a pulley. I just attach the pulley to tree with a ratchet strap. Attach the rope through the pulley and to the stand. Hoist the stand up and tie the rope off to something like a tree. Easy as pie and cheap. I maybe have $10 in my system. I can take some pics or make a video if you guys want

Jason

4. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes please!

5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All you got to do is screw in a step where you want to hang the stand then pull it up with a rope and hang it on the hook and start to strap it in and postion to what you want it to be

6. r_lehman22

r_lehman22 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    gorilla make a great strap with a hook u can attached the stand to once u get it in the tree. then u can just adjust the stand without holing it up. I think I paid like $12 for it. hung my first lock on this past weekend and it was simple as could be with this cheap device

7. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You don't even need a pulley. Just throw the rope over a branch or thru a crotch. When you get it to where you want it, tie it off to one of you climbing sticks or tree steps. Stand really aren't heavy.

8. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's actually pretty good idea, I always have a screw in step with me anyway when hanging a stand to use for a hand hold. Haveta give it try next time hang stands.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This what I do for standard loc-ons. I did this very thing earlier this year. Now I only use Millenium Stands. That Cam Loc Systems makes hanging a stand a Breeze!

10. Bowhunter252

Bowhunter252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the pulleys because here in eastern nc most of the trees we have a tall pines. Most of them don't have branches until 50 feet up.