Killzone Practice Heads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Pichy, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Pichy

Pichy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got a few packs of 125 C.O.C. Killzone heads. I thought each pack would have one practice head. Instead, I was surprised to see that there were only practice blades- no head. Apparently I am supposed to switch out the blades to practice. That would be ok with a trophy tip, but these are C.O.C., and the tips will dull in the target.

Where can I get some 125 grain Killzone practice heads? I don't think they exist. Is this possible?

2. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    NAP sells practice heads. You have to buy them separately.

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You can order them...however if you don't desire to do this...just pick one head to be your practice head and hunt with the other two with the used practice one being your emergency back up.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't believe they current make a 125 grain practice head, so your best option is to use the replacement/practice blade that came with and designate that one for practice only. That's what I've done in the past with the cut-on-contact tip.

Or you can purchase replacement blades for the tip only and replace as needed. Part number below, and you may have to get from NAP direct.

[TABLE="class: text specs, width: 370"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: alt, bgcolor: #EAEAEA"]60-598[/TD]
    [TD="class: alt, bgcolor: #EAEAEA"]Killzone® Trophy Tip Replacement Blades[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A practice blade in the package would be nice, especially for the price of the babies!!!!

6. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is what I do.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Obviously this will work, only thing is it makes each hunting tip basically cost $20 a piece, as opposed to about $13.50 each if all 3 we're able to be used for hunting.

8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree and honestly they should throw one in, but everywhere I've seen (on this site, others and in person) it does not say anywhere about having a practice head. So guys/gals can't be mad at the company for it. I shoot slicks and hate that in order to practice I have to dull blades...but I knew that going into the purchase.

9. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would either by a practice head or use one and save the other 2 for hunting

10. Pichy

Pichy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's just it. They don't make a 125 grain practice head to buy. They do make 100 grain practice heads. I'll just put the practice blades that came with each package into one of my six heads and call it a dedicated practice head. Then I'll save the good blades from that head for when I might need them later.

11. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know were talking about 125's but I just noticed my 100's don't have a practice head either, the pack I bought last year, did.

12. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I ran into a similar problem last year. I shoot the deep six killzones which are only offered in 100 gr COC. The practice head is included, however it's a 100 gr trophy tip practice head. Not that I think they'll fly that different out to 30 yards which is my max hunting range on deer...it's just the fact that I feel if you spend 40$ on broadheads, a practice head that matches the broadheads you purchased would be nice.

13. demonpep

demonpep Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thats odd. the killzones i bought came with 3 real deals and 1 complete practice head