Team 20- Buck Dynasty Official Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 19, 2013.

1. kansasfever

kansasfever Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Me too, hopefully Monday morning our team will have a buck on the board!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That would be sweet!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

3. kansasfever

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it would. Wind is supposed to be right on Monday for my stand of choice. I have basket case patterned to that stand, crossing fingers!

4. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to everyone hunting today and tomorrow. Two weeks till I can be sitting in a stand and I can't wait. This weather is really getting me excited. It is 47 degrees here this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

5. finner

finner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys wont be long now just 2 weeks away till the 1st. I see we have a couple guys hunting already this weekend and tommorrow..best of luck guys, would be nice to get on the board early! Havent been on here much due to another job i started been pretty busy. Headed out today to move one of my sets to to another property i hunted last year with my climber found a great spot for a hang on that pinches them down on the backege of a pond where i was so close to closing the deal on a nice 8point last season. I dont think i can be as picky to what i shoot this year as the deer numbers are down quite a bit around here. Cooler temps are here guys and The opener of grouse started today also might have to take the shotgun with to pull my stand.

Good luck to you guys that can hunt this weekend and tommorrow!

6. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Well I bushed wacked my way entry route to my Oct 1st opener tree, Its one of the spots I had put a cam a couple days ago, I set it on vid but unfortunantly after 1 vid it said full, it did that to me last time to. The one vid I got was a Buck, not quite a shooter for me but he was intrigued with the Tinks sweet weed I sprayed on the corn, looks to be still in velvet! And as most bucks in my area are he has a tight spread.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checked cam #2 today... no 12 pointers, or bucks at all for that matter. I relocated it a little ways and threw out some fresh corn. I also moved cam #1 onto public land, across from my cabin. It's on the fringe of a nasty thicket, and angles toward a point where two trails converge. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get stolen!!

Good luck to you guys getting out in the morning!!!

8. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck you guys that are hunting this week! Several more deer put on the ground this weekend. I decided to skip going to the farm this weekend I think I am going to wait to return till opening morning. We have a lot of guys hunting this property so in an effort to reduce pressure as much as possible I am going to stay away.

9. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Just a reminder guys that when you submit your two pictures on the Scoreboard thread that you have to put down the time and date that you harvested your deer along with the scoring for any buck you take. Team 18 didn't submit time and date so until he does it isn't counting yet. They do however have 3 does on the ground now so they are off to a great start!

Good luck you guys that are hunting this week! 15 days left for me here in Illinois!

10. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Well my work on one of the farms just increased. I have been cleaning house of gear that I don't use anymore to a few of the guys that hunt the same farm with me. I managed to get rid of several things but instead of money I have 2 new stand/stick sets coming from Sportsmens Warehouse that they purchased to trade! Sucks they won't be arriving till end of october though. Looking forward to getting them though. Have a few spots already picked out for them.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

11. kansasfever

Dislikes Received:
    Well first morning was a bust for me. I did bust out a herd of Elk on the way to my morning sit. It was pretty crazy, they where all over. After being in the stand until about 11:00am I climbed down from the stand and checked a camera that I had close by. I was happy when I looked and had some videos of Basket Case. Here are the videos. He looks pretty good hard horned and will get an arrow if he steps out in daylight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Whitetail_Widowmaker

Whitetail_Widowmaker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. How's everyone's season looking so far? Sorry I didn't post since I went out on the 14th been scouting the new 900 pretty hard the place is eatten up with big deer sign.

13. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome to hear about the new property Widow! I am still trying to decide if I should head back to my local farm and check my cameras and put out a few more or just wait till the opener. I am heading out to my new lease on Saturday to do a little scouting! Two weeks from today my season opens!

14. Whitetail_Widowmaker

Whitetail_Widowmaker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Two weeks till your opener if it me was I would hunt opening day and grab the cards same day. At least to keep the deer unpressured until then. I left opening day with no deer and I was SICK to my stomach lol, I have never had that happen it was unusually slow but I guess it comes with the territory.

15. kansasfever

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas, I missed a chance at a doe yesterday lol. I had my daughter out in the blind with me and she enjoyed the heck out of it. I was impressed at her ability to remain quiet the whole time. We were watching some does come out in to the field about a hundred yards from us, moving away from us when I heard something to our right and looked out only to see a big nanny headed into the bean field. She got ten yards from the blind and I adjusted my camera to where she was going to walk and all was good. I didn't think I had the best angle so I adjusted and when I did I hit my quiver with my foot and it hit the side of the blind. Boom, snort, blow and she was gone. I was so disappointed in myself because my daughter wanted me to kill her lol. Oh well, we live and learn from our mistakes.

16. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome getting out with your daughter! The two of you will have plenty more opportunities!

17. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if everyone saw the thread about the hunter in NJ found dead at the base of his tree. I cant stress enough how important a harness is. I would rather loose this contest knowing that everyone of us wore a harness then win knowing someone didnt. If you know of anyone that hunts without one please urge them to get one. If they cant afford one I will send them one. Lets all stay safe this year!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

18. kansasfever

Dislikes Received:
    That goes double for me. I have five extra harnesses that I don't use, they came with my stands. I use a hss harness and never ever sit in a tree without it. I think i may also pick up a lifeline for climbing. Be safe out there fellas!

19. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys here is an article that wrote last year about this very subject.

Hunting Safely

This time of year we always see story’s of tragedy in the hunting community. So I Googled treestand falls and was shocked at the amount of falls this year. In Illionis there have been 6, at least two in Pennsylvania, 2 fatalities in North Carolina and countless others in New York, Indiana, Mississippi.
    There seems to be one that puzzles me more and more each day. With the safety advancement of the treestand harness I just don’t understand how these accidents like this are still happening.

More people are hurt falling from tree stands than any other type of hunting accidents, yet tree stand-related injuries are almost always avoidable.

Each treestand we buy comes with harness then there are the designer harnesses out there which have come down in price over the years. Not that your safety should ever have a price on it.

If you can’t afford a harness or your treestand did not come with one there are programs that supply harnesses like Harness for Hunters.
    http://www.thewilltohunt.com/p/harnesses-for-hunters.html

Not saying that the harness is a save all you can still have a bad outcome if the harness is not worn correctly or if you don’t use all the accessories that come with the harness.

So next time you leave for that hunting trip and say good bye to your family make sure it’s not the last time and hook up that harness and make sure it fits correctly and all the accessory straps are there. We want you to enjoy the outdoors and come back to your family. Hunt Safe!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  20. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Great post!