Just needed a shoulder to lean on...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by HunterC., Sep 10, 2013.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing left to do is....sleep with one of her friends....

2. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey hunterc. I was about to post my own life problems on here for the past few days. My wife and I are going through some really really hard times. We've been apart from eachother for half of our marriage due to my training or deployments(doesn't help that I volunteered) and now that she is in school, by the time we live together, 2/3 of our marriage will have been spent apart.

She's no fan of it, and of course neither am I, our marriage wasn't too strong to start with, but we're working on it now. Don't know if we'll make it, and Ive spent my share of nights feeling lonely and afraid clicking refresh on this and AT to try and keep my sanity. I at times have snapped at my worker and felt pretty bad because I knew it was because of this stress. It's been hard man and there is no guaranty that we will even work out with her wanting to leave. Right there with you.

But you know, it's life, everything will pass and you will get through everything. Definitely don't just sit around in the house, staying busy and being around people is probably the easier way to pass through this rough time. Maybe take up a hobby like cooking or something stimulating to help you pass the days and nights until you get better. Heck I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing that I don't have the bottle to turn to over here. Don't have too many other suggestions than to keep you busy, my last breakup was years ago, even though this one kind of counts. If you think you feel helpless, look at me, I literally cannot leave to visit her until im allowed to leave without the threat of death or jail time = )

Looks like you guys ended on good terms, keep to it, never good to burn bridges. Know that when all this sadness and pain ends, you'll come out a better and stronger person.

Sorry, it looks like I ended up spilling my feelings a bit, didn't mean to detract from your thread, just letting you know that I know what you're going through.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Siman is exactly right. Sleep with one of her friends, buy yourself a new big screen TV, and go kill something with your bow. You will feel like a new man shortly after.

4. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Look on the bright side, you can start planning a hunting trip to anywhere you want and don't have to ask permission.

5. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Why not sleep with all of her friends? :)

6. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After a recent breakup I heard this bit of advice.

"The best way to get over one is to get under another"

7. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We have all been there. It sucks. Go out and shoot something and you will feel 1000% better. Hopefully, it is a wall hanger. Keep your chin up, dude! I know it looks bleak now, but better times are around the corner.

8. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    Don't let your self get confused here, "hitting" a bid one, and hunting a "big" one are two entirely different things. :)

9. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will say that was part of my therapy. Since the ex-wife banged the neighbor while I was deployed, I hooked up with her sister when I got home and the divorce was finalized. LOL

10. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Holy moses! Did you at least out the fear of god in the neighbor?

A Non-Prostaffer posting from my Samsung Galaxy s4

11. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    Revenge is defined, as in sleeping with your worst enemies wife.

Sweet revenge, is in finding out that shes a lousy lay!

12. 2 Lunger

2 Lunger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going through the same thing. I made the mistake of ending it before it was over. Sad thing was I was having the time of my life doing my thing and enjoying life. I said I wasn't ready for love and met it by accident. Fell head over heals for the girl and she made one mistake and I made an irrational decision and ended it. I'm now trying to fix it, but I'm not making much progress. We still talk or text daily and saw each other for the first time in two weeks on Tuesday. That was rough because we both still have all the same feelings we had three weeks ago. She admitted she tried to move on and went on a couple dates, but she couldn't get me out of her head. Now she's scared to take another chance. I'm starting to think like dprsdhunter. It may be better for me to just cut all ties if she can't make her mind up. I've spent the last two weeks trying like hell and it's effecting me, my health, my job, people around me and Anheuser Busch's Busch Light stock room. I've got to make a decision....bad thing is, I ended it before it was done.

13. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

14. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there OP...everything happens for a reason:beer:

15. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Was a bit more than the fear of God Caleb, more like he was facedown in my front yard making snoring sounds...

16. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    HER sister, not mine.....sheesh

17. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Thats the lowest of low...disrespecting a soldiers wife...

18. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It gets better man. Me and my girl of 3 years ended it earlyer this year and in seeing a girl now that I have much more in common with and have more fun spending time with.

Only problem is she's a better shot with a bow

Sent from iPhone

19. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If there is a good chance it will work keep in contact .
    If you know it wont then make a clean break.

The ex GF I referred to in my post both knew it would never work out yet neither of us wanted to admit it or give up.
    All it did was prolong the end and the hurt .

20. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The best (and hardest) thing to do is absolutely NO contact. Even if you think there might be a chance again or if you think it's over for good. The solution remains the same.... do NOT continue to talk or communicate. Both need this time to sort out emotions. If it was meant to be it will find a way of coming back. If it wasn't then the clean break is the only way to go. Staying in contact will prolong the misery either way. Take the time to do your own thing let the pieces fall where they may. Dont force anything.