Team #1 Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by sycamoretwitch, Aug 19, 2013.

1. P.Smash

P.Smash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I say yer Cap'n......

I vote "Team Buck Yeah"

2. Arkansas countryboy

Arkansas countryboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I vote team buck yeah!

3. 2xlung5h0t

2xlung5h0t Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im good with Team BUCK YEAH!

4. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So is it Team Buck Yeah or just Buck Yeah - is the "team" not already assumed. lol

5. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bucking Geniouses or Buck Yeah..

6. MBrauer

MBrauer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    buck yea

7. Daniel p.

Daniel p. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Death From Above or Buck Yeah

8. jknierim

jknierim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I vote Buck Yeah

9. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Buck Yeah!! and go O's!

10. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Buck Yeah it is. Only thing I would ask is that you end every post in this thread end with Buck Yeah! Lol

I will submit this and myself as team cap. Moving on, it's not a Requirement but some teams have people design a simple logo - any graphic folks on our squad want to take a swing at it??

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend anyone doing any prep work? I have a fun afternoon out of the office as the hospital I work for Foundation has it's annual Sporting Clays Shoot - ought to be fun. Will likely spend tonight or Saturday pumping water from the creek out into my food plots as they are starving for some water. Put some more apples, re-apply plot saver and put some more milorganite out that should get it!!

Buck Yeah!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  11. smctitan

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to hang a stand and put up a trail cam on my small property that backs to a reservoir. I have a good feeling that the buck I'm after will still be roaming around. He was a 2.5-3.5 YO 10 point last year. Once I get current pics of him I will post the comparison.

Buck Yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.skyangler.com

12. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Nice!! I still have a couple stands to hang myself. Hope to get those hung in the next couple weeks. Still plenty of work and practice to be done prior to the season. Let us know if you get any good pics from yo camera!

Buck Yeah!

13. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not a shooter for at least another year but the time on the picture is very interesting to me. This property has a lot of deer on it and they all like to move early. I don't get many bucks this early so this one has to be living near by.

2013-08-22 11-17-32.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  14. Rut Junkie

Rut Junkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    PICT0046.jpg Here is a pic of the biggest buck from last week. They will get bigger as we move into hunting seasion. The Bone Yard lease had 5 buck over 150 in 2012 we killed 2 of them. I am sure the others are still around and will be bigger this year.

15. Daniel p.

Daniel p. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got my new stand up this morning replacing my honey hole stand and replaced the battery in my feeder and filled it. of course things were going way to well and I had forgot a new card for my camera. So no pictures today.

Buck Yeah!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  16. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    I spent 4 hours today watering one of my food plots, putting out apples, checking cameras, reapplying plot saver and Milorganite. It was a lot of hard work but my plots are trying to hang on amidst this mini drought here in Indiana. That water acted as more of a band-aid than anything else. I

I have yet to get a shooter buck on camera - but that doesn't really mean anything for this property this time of year. Come Oct. 1 and or once the ag fields are harvested things get busy here!

17. MBrauer

MBrauer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt pretty much 95% public land so putting cameras up isnt very cost efficient if you get my vibe... However I did order 2 new Lone Wolf Alpha II's (One for my Dad who I have recently introduced to hunting, specifically bow hunting. He loves it and nothing beats that father/son time even if your not in the same tree) and am excited to put them to work. I don't buy into the whole climbing stick thing that they sell... Think it is too easy to see. I prefer to go and scout my trees pre season about 3 months out from season, use the cheap screw in spikes, get a stand all the way up, trim shooting lanes, take the stand down, remove enough spikes so no one can climb up or see the remaining spikes unless they are really looking.

This seems to be the best bet for public land in my opinion because it is easy to screw the spikes in the "pre-drilled" holes when you get to that stand in the morning and can get up into perfect trees.

In the past I was given an OLD climber by a gentleman at my dad's work that weighed approximately 37ib and was all steel. It was impossible to break but absolutely horrible to carry in in the morning. I am super excited for a 11ib stand... saves 26ib. Don't get me wrong I love that stand to death, wont ever get rid of it. But I just think climbers arnt the best because it tends to limit what trees you can safely ascend. I like to be good and tucked away behind some foliage on a prime trail because I move more than most and break some cardinal principles of scent control by bringing in text books, notebooks, calculators, and other studying material so I can get much needed studying done and hunt. Life of a college student but it is the only way I can take the time to hunt and as I have heard a few different places; "20 feet up in a tree is 20 feet closer to God." Can't find a quieter more relaxing place to learn some Organic Chemistry and maybe be taught a few lessons by the man upstairs.

So excited for the season to start, only 37 days until the best time of the year.

Hope all is well with the Buck Yea clan.

PS Ill see what I can do about the design. Any votes on whether it is symbols, a picture, or anything special?

18. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Desin away, matters not to me.

BTW, love the screw in steps by Ameristep are awesome, the only way to go IMO. I don't see myself ever wasting the money on climbing sticks.

19. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    First blood for the team. It will air two fridays from now on bowhunt or die.
    Tyler Rector BHOD prostaff

20. smctitan

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome! 10 days until my season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.skyangler.com