ARod drama...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Siman/OH, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Steroids again, got a record suspension, still playing somehow...

Tonight, the Red Sox bean him, Girardi gets tossed then ARod homers the leading run in the 6th.

Baseball is a joke.

2. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    May be, but you're still watching. :busted: I love baseball, (I'm watching too). I tend to look past all the garbage the media tries to make interesting and enjoy the game. One of the greatest sports there is in my book. Kruk and Schilling are horrible announcers.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not watching. Brought it up on ESPN ;)

4. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I stopped watching baseball. You are exactly right, it has become a joke.

5. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Miggy!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guys have been juicing since the 70s... I wish people would quit acting like these pro athletes are saints. I could not care less, they are out there to put on a show for us, nothing more.

7. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This! It was nice watching him hit one out after all the booing the fans were doing.

8. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is how I feel also. Roids were introduced in football in 1970. Its naive to think that a lot of the athletes since then haven't used it. From baseball to football, track, basketball, etc. Truthfully, baseball and track have the 2 most stringent testing programs, but guys always find a way to cheat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

9. Drop_Tine5214

Drop_Tine5214 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    These guys are supposed to be role models for aspiring young athletes. I think if they take drugs and make bad decisions they should be banned, regardless of how "good of a show" they put on.

10. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, many of the players of the 50's through 70's reportedly, and some admittedly used amphetamines as a PED. But beyond that, MLB didn't even have rules against PED's until 2003(?). Any player who didn't use them to some level to help himself out was a fool.

To the A-Rod situation though, he being thrown under the bus by MLB, while he's really got all the rights in the world to appeal and continue to play. Had the league busted him with a drug test, then I say ban away, but they're using information gleened from a not-so-reputable source in the first place. They could solve ALL of the problems with the PED's by just randomly testing every player under contract at least 3x's during the season and 2x's in the off season.... Drug testing is cheap enough that if they really wanted to "clean" the game up, they could. And much cheaper than the probable million$ they spent investigating the Biogenesis thing to ban a group of players that of the bunch, only one had ever failed a drug test.

11. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ryan Dempster is a player rep for the union. The same union that pushed against testing, suspensions, etc. Why the change of heart now? Was it because Arod is naming names? Or the fact that he's a Yankee? If its because Arod juiced....well, it didn't seem to bother him when Nelson Cruz was his teammate last season....or David Ortiz this season. Pathetic. I'm guessing Dempster wouldn't have been as willing to throw at people if he had to bat.

12. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I don't watch anymore either....

13. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Watch the NFL, that's a sport full of role models. I can't even type that without laughing.

14. Twins

Twins Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Steroids saved baseball, baseball was at a low point in the 90's. they didn't even play a full season in 93 or 94. When Sammy Sosa and mark McGwire had there home run race ratings went way up.

I'm not a fan of steroids, but it did do good for the game. I agree with OHbowhntr, if MLB wanted to get rid of steroids they could have stricter penalties and more tests.

15. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A rod and his drama are a joke. Speaking for the majority of Yankee fans, we are sick of it. Go away. This may as well be his farewell tour for baseball IMO. The only difference between baseball now and baseball "then" is now people know about steroids use. It was the same entertainment as it is now. I still like to watch (especially playoffs). I dont' think MLB will ever rid the sport of PED's. Someone will always try to gain an edge and beat the system in any sport (see Lance Armstrong).

16. fatsbucknut

fatsbucknut Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I say make it fair and let them all use it. I'd watch it then

17. PRHC Bowman

PRHC Bowman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Huge fan of the game but these guys can use illegal and be protected (not prosecuted) because they can "play". Let john q citizen get caught and see what happens.

18. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There have been cheaters in baseball since the beginning and you don't hear the baseball purists saying they should not be in the Hall Of Fame. I don't think they should be taking PED's but for the owners to act high and mighty after allowing them to do it for years to save their investments is a joke. And the Yankee fans are sick and tired of ARod...if he was hitting homeruns like before they would give him a standing O!

19. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's not true. He is not a yankee. He's a punk and a distraction since day one.