PSE owner Just wondering.....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TANK38, Aug 8, 2013.

1. TANK38

TANK38 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I was recently in the market for a new bow to get back into bowhunting. Found,and was very interested in the PSE Brute X.......contacted local shop......and after a few emails, i was talked into a PSE Drive. I am 100% satisfied with it so far.......it apparently came highly recommended from the PSE reps to fit with my price range. So my question is...........I NEVER see this bow in magazines or in online archery shops websites?? Did i get oky doked??

2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's a pro series bow from pse and they are only available through a bow shop not by catalog or online

3. TANK38

TANK38 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ok i understand.......just wonder why i hardly ever hear anyone speak of this bow. I mean im yet to shoot it other then at the pro shop but i trust in PSE. Ill be tuning it in and getting it ready for the woods in the next 2 weeks. Ill be sure to share how it goes. thanks bud

4. Whitetail_Widowmaker

Whitetail_Widowmaker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, my first question would be did you already pay for the bow since your asking if you got "okey doked". But, it doesn't matter what brand you are loyal to or your just looking for a good bow, anyone on these forums will tell you that the best way to find what bow you will be 100% happy with before you hand over your money is go to a archery pro shop and do a shoot comparison of several bows. I've heard a lot of good things about the Brute X, never personally seen the PSE Drive before it might be a earlier model bow that just isn't one they advertise. I know a lot of manufacturers like Bear Archery, which I absolutely love, don't show anything but their 2013 line up on their site or in magazines. So, it may not be the fact you got okey doked but, it's a earlier model they simply don't advertise.

5. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    No problem congrats on the new bow.

6. Whitetail_Widowmaker

Whitetail_Widowmaker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ^^What he said, lol I didn't know it was a pro series bow myself. Learn something new everyday I guess.

7. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    No the drive is a 2013 bow. They just don't advertise their pro series bow it a pro shop I only bow. Just like mission hoyt and Mathews are pro shop only.

8. TANK38

TANK38 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    so PSE was the brand i did my homework on and liked all the reviews i read. I was working with a price range in mind to begin with.......wasn't trying to low ball myself and be cheap, but i just couldnt afford a $800 matthews ya know. So i liked everything i saw and read about the BruteX........when the guy at my local shop(which is a well known guy in the archery game) was about to head out to the national archery convention he said he would see the PSE reps and be looking to add PSE to his shelves. After talking with them he assured me that for about $100 more they highly recommended trhe drive as apposed to the Brute X. He orederd a Drive in skullworx camo and letr me come shoot it...........I bought it and like i said im yet to really get in to it. Guess im just looking for feedback if anyone knows anything about this particular model.

9. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have only shot Pse since 75' Pacer, $101.95. Now a Revenge, sweet bow but many really good bows nowadays.