turkey calls

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Turkeysniper511, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What kind of turkey calls u all use? My main is the knight and hale ole yeller slate call and mouth call im trying to get better at the mouth call anyone got any advice?

2. AUbowhunter

AUbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With the diaphragm, push air out like you would if fogging a pair if sunglasses. I carry three diaphragm calls, a slate, and I'm getting a new high pitch box call for locating. I also take a crow call, and owl hoot with my mouth. Sometimes I take a coyote call cause it is supper loud and high pitch.

3. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Okay so is there a certain way to position it in ur mouth i got the idea but when i go to call it just sounds like a loud seal lol

4. AUbowhunter

AUbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Latex reeds point toward your front teeth. Use your tongue to press it to the top of your mouth. I have to cut mine a little to get a perfect seal. But cut too much and you will ruin a call. Main thing is using your diaphragm to push the air. You should feel it on your stomach not your chest.

5. Bowhunter Brown

Bowhunter Brown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    primos mouth call will primos edition it small and at full draw u can call with it.Very very good call got many many turkey with it.

6. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Primos 222 The Gobbler. We used that this year and it worked super well as a locator. Not so much for calling them in to your location, but for finding out where they are at. They responded almost every time.

7. WillowRidge

WillowRidge Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use all friction calls for hunting and competition caling.

8. Dustin

Dustin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use both the "cluck and purr" and "thunder cut'n" calls by flextone. They work really well and are LOUD! There very easy to use also! The cluck ad purr is for close range calling and the thunder cut'n is a great locater and callig from long distances. They do take a little practice like any other call but they are really nice if you get good with them! I never leave my diaphragm call at home though.. It's always with me while turkey hunting. It's never let me down yet!

9. Jerrysan97

Jerrysan97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am 15 and haven't been turkey hunting before. What is a good call that is easy to use to start with?

10. Junior Treehopper

Junior Treehopper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am in love with the bully slate and mouth calls! I believe that they are the best stuff on the market. Also for help I would download the app bully's turkey terror! It comes with instructional videos of how to preform various calls with the mouth call. Also they make a beginner mouth call that I currently own and it is very easy to learn on. The one tip that I believe in is practice, practice, practice!

11. WillowRidge

WillowRidge Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If your just starting to turkey hunt, the easist calls to learn on are a box call, they produce a wide range of calls and are easy to run. A good mouth call is also important, but they take a lot of practice time to be able to learn all the calls and are very useful if your shooting a bow.

12. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a couple primos ones.

13. ZGhunter

ZGhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would go find a slate call and use a shotgun to gain experience then move on to the use of bows