Targets

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by jtvanmeter, Jul 27, 2013.

1. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    While new to archery in general, I am sold on Rinehart. I bought a 3D broad head buck a few months ago, I probably have 10 dozen shots into it and you would have to look closely to tell that it had been shot at all. Made of something they call self-healing foam, strange stuff. You shoot it and in a few minutes, you can't tell it was ever shot. I put a 1/2 dozen Montec broad heads into it this morning, you look at it now and you are hard pressed to tell it has been shot at all.
    Had a couple of competitor's targets and they were ready for the dumpster in less than 7 mo.
    In the future, all my targets will be Rinehart.:tu:
    IMHO, ya get what ya pay for.

2. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know I'm the odd person out on most of these topics, and I would own an 18-1 for some scenarios... as an everyday, permanent placed target, I would look into a blob target. You can google them.

Currently, I have a hurricane bag target for everyday shooting, and a yellowjacket foam block for broadheads. I wouldn't buy another yellowjacket. The arrows are almost impossible to get out at times.

The reason I would not use an 18-1 for everyday shooting is the size. I like to shoot at much further distances (70+ yards), and I like the added comfort that if I make a mistake I don't completely miss the target.
    The reason I would own one is it would be great for tossing in the trunk or back of the truck and using when I shoot with friends, or hit the cabin for the weekend.

3. Swampstomper

Swampstomper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've worn out bags and more blocks than I can remember. Got a Rinehardt 18 -1 last winter and its still taking a licking. I shoot nearly every day so it takes a lot of hits and keeps on looking good. My next try would have been the blob if this one hadn't held up so well. Good luck with your choice.

4. dgable

dgable Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one of those cheapy Cabelas $30 targets and I was blowing through it within 300 shots(thats 2-3 days of shooting). I bought the Rinehart 18-1 and I am well over 1000 shots and not even close to blowing through, broadheads, field points and all.

5. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've got the Mathews bag target. Heavy and expensive but its holds up.

6. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a black hole block that I bought I believe 8 or 9 years ago. Still works great and I only paid $40 new.

7. RKCman

RKCman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hips Archery Targets for me - will stop any arrow from bow or crossbow - target tip or broadhead - small ones to take to camp to big ones for your backyard! You can see them at Hipstargets.com . Tell them PS 119 sent you and save $$

8. oetken

oetken Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Another vote for the 18-1.

9. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Get a rinehart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My block lasted one season. Garbage.

11. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Rinehart 18-1 has served me well for three seasons now. My Morrell Field range bag has served me well for 6 years and it's still going strong. Will replace it with another when it wears out. The Rinehart can't be beat for a portable BH target, imho.