Arrow length

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by wreck73, Jul 17, 2013.

1. wreck73

wreck73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So just curious how far your arrows stick out from your rest? I have some that came with the bow when i bought it and they are pretty close to dead even the insert sits at the edge of my rest making the point the only thing protruding. I don't know what effect this would have on performance but it is a little nerve racking when the arrow looks like its coming off the rest at fuul draw.

2. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use the whisker bisquit rest so I don't worry about it coming out, but I cut my arrows to where they point/BH sits just past the rsier, as per the directions given on the package.

3. wreck73

wreck73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok thanks. I haven't bought any new arrows for my bow yet since im so new at it. I thought i'd try the ones i got with it and the few my father-in-law gave me to see what shot best. So it sounds like they were set up per the manufacturers recomendations.

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    At full draw, my broadhead is about an inch in front of my rest. I use a QAD Ultra HDX Rest and you never have to worry about the arrow falling off.

5. wreck73

wreck73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks sam. Thats what i was thinking it outta be. I have a fall away rest... Not sure of the brand but i'm in the market for some new arrows anyway and just wanted to be sure i had them the right length. Any suggestions on arrows. I am shooting a pse brute... Its a 70lb bow but i have it turned down a bit like probably 65lbs and in believe my draw length is 29".

6. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Use the same rest and also cut mine a inch in front. Seems to be a perfect setup and have never been worried about my arrow falling out.