Bosses.....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by HunterC., Jun 28, 2013.

1. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's a "she" not a "he" and, yes. Makes it hard to go work some days.

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can attest to this.

I was the youngest fire officer in my county for a time. Chip on my shoulder? Maybe.

The ones that had a problem were the ones who were too afraid to lead. **** or get off the pot my dad always said.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s4

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My last boss was a total micro manager. The worst part was that he would throw you under the bus the first time someone questioned something. Even if it was his decision or suggestion, if you did it and manufacturing question, he would make you look like an idiot.

Thankfully, the reorganized and he got his own department with nobody underneath him. My new boss is awesome. He takes the approach of.... "if you need something or if something big happens I should know, talk to me. If not, we're good.
    Not only that, he's all about using technology to make work easier.

Life is just much better now. I was looking for a new job and actually had 2 interviews. Now I'm good where I'm at. People are loving and recognizing the work I'm doing.

4. ICALL2MUCH

ICALL2MUCH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing worse than a bad boss - is bad employees.

5. Sswpriz

Sswpriz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    130, I don't know if you know my boss or not, maybe....but he always told me that I can do whatever I want to do, when I want to do it, and how I want to do it....if I want to go hunting, fishing, or whatever....but, he also said that I know what I need to do, to provide a living for my family....then he said to go have fun !!! There are times when I don't see him for 2 weeks at a time, he doesn't bug me about anything, as long as I do a decent job, we're cool.

Now, by previous boss from over 25 years ago, never let me forget that I took 2 days off from my father in laws funeral !!!! How anyone could work for him is beyond me. Of course, nobody did for long, there was a mass exodus !!!

6. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know of him but not personally. That's how work should be but your job is different from someone who works hourly. I could do a lot of work from wherever I wanted to but I can't leave because of the some of the people that work here are good but need supervision.

7. HunterC.

HunterC. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is what I am talking about. I can completely understand why bosses would be in bad moods and such from time to time since the have a lot over there shoulders. My only problem is when they are aholes because they have more money then me and they are "THE BOSS".

8. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't had a problem with bosses so much as I have with people that wanted to be the boss. I currently work with one guy who can't stand that he is not in charge. He tries so hard to tell people what to do, and it doesn't work at all. He is such a brown noser, it's so funny. He really dislikes me, and the best part is, I'm fixing to move up ahead of him and he doesn't even know it.

9. Edcyclopedia

Edcyclopedia Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I owned my own small company for 16-years and there is merit to that!!!

It seems that 1 out of 3-employees worked out for me and my environment - It was an aggressive environment and you either walked the walk or you just walked.
    When an employee thinks you owe him something other than a honest paycheck for a honest days work, I would usually phase them out...