Bowtech- Preparing for the Knight new bow coming soon !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter_IL_BT, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I heard 6 months ago when Bowtech released the Experience at the ATA show that the other bow was coming out by the end of 2013. Well its coming in July. Prepare for the KNIGHT.

I heard from a little mouse in the BT factory ata 33" BH 5.75 ibo 375fps weight 3.6lbs. Carbon riser. It didn't make ata cause they had an issue with the finish. And they still probably do lol

Prepare for the Knight - YouTube

2. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A little mouse huh? I'm betting you won't leak who it was will you? ;-)

3. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If these specs are true....it is not the bow for me, but will probably be sweet! I have often wondered why everybody released bows right after season when July seems to be the time of year that everybody breaks out their bows and starts preparing for season. It may be rumored to be a production flaw but I would venture that this is a ingenious business plan. My only real complaint is that with a rumored carbon fiber riser, I am seeing this bow costing an arm and a leg, with a kidney on the side! Am I the only person who remembers that just a few years ago, a top of the line BowTech was around $600 max? If I remember correctly, I bought my BowTech Liberty brand new as soon as they came out for around $579. That is now a low end mid-range bow.

4. BOWDADDY64

BOWDADDY64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sounds pretty cool, but again not for me

6. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think that some of these specs are getting crazy, archery was at one time 20 yards or less, now people are trying to harvest an animal of choice out to 70 yards or more. I think archery is the best way to hunt but at some of these ranges now you might aswell carry a firearm.

7. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got a call today.... your little mouse is completely wrong or you're just making it up...... you might as well just wait ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

8. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    spill it lol i bought a bow already but i like knowing stuff before my buddys haha so what do you think it will be???

9. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:

FYI the top of the line Bowtechs a few years ago were over $900 (Invasion). The Assassin was the budget $600 bow package. I have an Invasion but bought it used. Used is the way to go def wouldn't pay a grand for a bow. The Knight bow has amazing specs but the Experience would fit me much better if I had my choice.

10. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    aint the price for an experience like $999? im expecting that much or more for the knight... i guess you have to go to the dimond line to get a mid price bow? lol id put my mid rage mission bow against a dimond anyday! haha

11. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sure it has nice speed but at that speed it will have the harshest draw cycle ever!

12. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, new bow speculation. Gotta love it. Definitely curious as to what they have in store. Usually it's quite different than the original rumors:D

13. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    Thats why id prefer the Experience the draw cycle is amazing and very user friendly. Pearce 92 yes the Experience is pricey thats why id wait and buy a used one down the line. Also id look into the Assassin its a great bow for the money and you would get dual binary cams for the same price as a good diamond single cam bow. The Binary Cams are the way to go in my opinion es a p the overdrive ones. The Assassin does have a little give with its reflex riser I have shot it before. If you need to save money look into the Assassin but if you can wait it out look into a center-pivot bow.

14. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
  15. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    The Carbon Knight - The Lightest Premium Bow Ever Made - YouTube

So much for the little mouse that gave me the specs a while back. Specs for the Knight 3.2 OUNCES. 330 fps, A2A 31 in and 7 in brace height. Seems like Bowtech's version of the Mathews Helim. Lighter is not always necessarily better. The bow still has to be balanced in any shooting situation. A hunter may have to still shoot with the quiver on to help out. I like how they priced their carbon bow much less than Hoyt. Nice little upgrade to the Assassin. Looks like more carbon risers are coming up in the near future for Bowtech.

16. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like 3.2 POUNDS to me. http://www.bowtecharchery.com/m/#pages/productBreakdown.php?i=49 ;)

17. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Waiting on the video of them running over it with a truck.:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2