Ozonics for scent control

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by nsimmons, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Maine-iac

Maine-iac Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check out whitetailr.com. They have a smaller unit for alot less $$. I haven't heard much more about them yet..

2. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Any links for one of these?

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ehhh, 400$ will buy a serious amount of dead down wind. Playing the wind is free. I'll stick with my DDW and playing the wind. It's been working so far!

4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Google ozone generator, there are many different manufactures.

5. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll take a look. Thanks.

6. Jhoyt

Jhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you hunt the wind, youll have no worries!!

7. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep.....Dead Down Wind and a good silver base layer. Works great for me.

8. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought the Scentpurge 50 from Whitetail'r. It treats an area 50 sq.ft. I placed it in my truck cab and let it run overnight. I put new Muck boots, new Scentblocker boots (very strong odor) and some base layers I had skied in a lot recently. The next day all were fresh and clean with only the Scentblockers having slight new boot odor. I treated them again for anoter night and now fresh. So is my truck cab. I have a closet for hunting gear so I will be treating there.
    The Ozonics unit I beleive works but my budget keeps me away for now.

9. WKPTodd

WKPTodd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They work, and they are safe when used properly. $400.00 sounds like alot - but they actually work. How much do people spend on carbon clothing, sprays, washes, and clothing cleaning systems - only to get busted exactly the same as if you were doing NOTHING. Ozonic's works!!!

10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am thinking about getting one. I am very adamant about making sure my hunting clothes, boots and gear are scent free. That is a great testimonial that montec gave about the room and the musty smell. I will let you guys know when and if I get one.

11. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think I'll have one next season, I see very little negative from people that use ozonics, a lot from the sceptical that haven't. I know my log6 works in my tote.

12. Billy Pulsifer

Billy Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For non-believers I did a test. I had an old rubbish barrel yes all the creepy crawlies and nasty stench that goes with it, I used the Log6 in it (ran it through twice) and you couldn't smell the nastiness and all the mags were dead. it killed all of the bacteria in the rubbish barrel and the only thing you could smell was Ozone pretty impressive if you ask me. plus it does like 100SQ feet so if you have a "man Cave" you could leave everything out and let it run its cycle pack it into the scent free bags and head out feeling confident that it works (that's what I did) have zero complaints!

13. commando

commando Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I really don't know how much you are actually breathing in the Ozone while in a tree but in a Ground blind I will pass

The EPA,Canada and Consumer Reports state that Ozone is bad for your health here's why Ozone is a irritant and breathing it in can worsten asthma cause coughing,wheezing and chest pains,It also deadens your sense of smell raises your sensitivity to pollen and mold can cause permanent lung damage

Ozone is a highly affective killer that ozidizes whatever it contacts ozone kills bacteria and mold but is the same molecule that is responsible for free radicals that can cause heart desease,cancer,premature aging. They are not regulated by the EPA as a there is a bereaucratic crack and they fall thru it.

Now I'm not saying to use them or not I personally don't care what you do just some info that your not going to get from the manufacturers of these products.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  14. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been reading a lot about safe ozone levels. Not easy to get a clear statement but it looks like these units are within safe limits in what I find. When shock treating a room the units emit unsafe levels and it is recommended to NOT be in the room but those are units made for those uses and not the type that is used for hunting.

If you use one and start to get sore throat or nausea then you might be getting too much and need fresh air. Also, we are breathing ozone everyday and depending p0n where you live it might be higher than these units. What about air conditioning in home or business? Is that air safe?

15. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using mine now for 4 years and it is as important to me as my bow. There is not a dought in my mind that i shot 3 of my PY bucks that would have busted me if not for my Ozonics in my tree. You say $400 is a lot but how many of us spend $180 every year on arrows? I have the same unit and battery going on my 5th year that equals less than a $100 a year. Put it down if you must but i would rather forget my bow than my Ozonics..and it will be with in the tree this year with me.

16. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am not putting it down but just giving it some thought. I know they work but at $400 just want to make sure it is worth the money.