Thread of Admissions

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Hooker, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been boating for the last two years and I must say it started out pretty embarrassing first time at the boat ramp I launched my boat I "forgot to put the plug in" and what's so crazy is I took off but didnt get far when I noticed I was sinking. Luckily my brother was there no help mind you because he was freaking out II was so funny because we were only in 4 feet of water:D so I turned around quick and headed back. I felt like an A$$ for that but I got a good laugh out of my brothers reaction I was dying laughing he was hollering man we sinking I said I know calm down we are only in 3 feet of water lol. Needless to say I learned from that it has never happened again my 150 johnson hauls balls around the lake I love that boat just a thought.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

2. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't sound whiney at all to me. Very deep and thought provoking. I bet you feel better having said it. I know I did after posting in this thread.

Thanks for sharing dude and thanks for your service!!

3. IL_Bow_Man

IL_Bow_Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What he said...it sometimes feels good to just get stuff out.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    -I'm an extremely fast eater. I was always fairly fast, but working for years in a restaurant, I learned to chow my meals in the 3-5min I had. Seriously... I can dominate a meal

-I cannot watch guest back their boats in at our launch. It drives me nuts. I wish they'd all just let me do it.

-I haven't paid for a haircut in over 7 years. I buzz my head with cheap clipper myself, and I'll never go back.

-Not at all! That's some tough stuff!

-I love that this thread is full of both serious stuff and meaningless drivel.
    -I want a lot of things (stuff, gear, vehicles, land), but at the end of the day, I'm very content with my life.
    -If I came into some money, I could have it spent within minutes. $10, 1,000,000, doesn't matter. There's an ever evolving list in my head of crap I could buy.

5. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Clinically damn.

6. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the support guys! Ya I was feeling better until my wife came home a few minutes ago.......and put down on the table in front of me 2 tickets for the bruins playoff game this Saturday night and dinner reservations at Ray Borque's restaurant.......ya she's awful...LOL insert foot in mouth

7. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my dad died in my hands it was dec 22 1980 i was 17 at the time i still live on the same land and sometimes i wake up and look for his truck in 2 years i will be the age he was i am thinking about this a lot

8. nchunter

nchunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    -My Dad died 6.5 years ago. My kids are 7 and 9 and have no recollection of him. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the more time goes on, the more I have a hard time remembering ever having a father. We were extremely close. I don't even really remember his voice. Despite that, I still want to pick up the phone and call him whenever something exciting happens.
    -I am scared of death the older I get. I don't know why. Perhaps at 40 it just becomes something that happens. I have had so many relatives die in the past 6-7 years my "old" life as a kid and young adult seem like a dream.
    - I struggle with enjoying the moment and thinking of the future
    - I am rarely satisfied with my own accomplishments but I am so proud of my kids
    -I make lots of money, but I still worry about making more. It makes me sick that so many struggle all the time and I can basically provide all my necesities and have plenty left over, yet I still worry about money.
    -I say I am religious, but secretly I doubt if there is a God. I am just scared of not believing.
    - I wished I joined the military after college.

9. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am not afraid of dying but I am afraid of getting old. I am a very active person and regret the day that I can no longer ski, cycle or hunt. That is why I try to eat right and exercise regularly.

As a kid, my friends and I once put a stray dog in a neighbor's house while they were gone for the day. (Back when people seldom locked their houses) . The dog went ape, tore up some of the furniture and carpet, and crapped everywhere. Obviously, they were pissed, suspected us, but we denied it and got away with it. I know I should have felt bad about it, but 40 some odd years later, I still laugh my behind off everytime I think about it....so I feel bad about not feeling bad, if that makes any sense

....and for some odd reason, I still want to do Bette Midler.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  10. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Prior to having my daughter In July of 2007 (she'll be 6 this year) dieing didn't bother me In the least. In all honesty It didn't bother me until the last couple years when she started growing up. I'm scared to death of dieing now because I have her In my life. Very scared of It!!! I'm going to be 39 this June so technically I should have many good years ahead of me but my family history Isn't good. Some of my relatives have died young (40 to 50 years old). Every time now when I don't feel right or sick I think the worst of things. I damn near scare myself to death. It's driving me ****ing nuts to be honest. I've always been a worry wart or whatever It's called but I'm 100 times worse now then I've ever been. That alone will kill me If I don't soon do something about It.

I can't Imagine life without my daughter and I don't think she could without me. Were so damn close. I now have a lump In my throat from typing this. Dammit!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  11. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    - I may have put too much (or not enough) thought into this thread.

- I started writing a book in high school that I have not finished. It was basically a confession of all of the things that we did that may or may not have been legally or morally right.

- Gandalf could take Harry Potter any day.

- I have never had an IQ test but am told that I should.

- My son defines my life.

- it took me 10 years to kill my first deer.

- I enjoy craft beer but am not above drinking Busch Light (red Solo cup only)

- I own an unopened bottle of scotch that is 40+ years old.

- I cannot sit in a location that I am unable to see the nearest exit.

- Free will in the wrong hands, scares me. My thesis was going to be about this but people are trying to talk me out of it.

- I hate my boss and often times have dreams of "Horrible Bosses".

- My first dog, Sam, died of canine hepatitis at 2 and I sometimes call my current dog by his name

12. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I pick on my brother sometimes. He is short and not strong

13. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use to rarely see things through to the end. I would start stuff and never finish. I still do that with some projects at home. I struggle now with wanting to throw in the towel at work mostly. Some days I just want to get a welding certificate and weld parts all day or run a CNC machine so I don't have any responsibilities or worries. Just do something somewhat mundane but, I know that would drive me insane.

-I've been really successful at my new (1year) job. I've built a crew that runs the shift without me, makes their own decisions and rarely needs me for anything from scratch in a year yet I feel I haven't accomplished anything. No matter how hard I work, how many hours I put in, it's just not enough.

-let's not talk money. I will never make enough no matter how much I make.

-I want to be a better Christian but, for some reason I struggle having a consistent Christian lifestyle. I am faithful to my wife and family at all cost but, have a hard time doing all the praying, going to church and being involved. I do it for a while then slack off. Can't figure it out. I don't go from family man to partying drinking fool by any means though.

-I struggle with selfishness at times. I don't always think about others when making decisions. I have came a very long way and am still working on it.

-I have many, many more issues just not enough time to type them all.

14. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My obsession with food plots, improving deer habitat and making things better overall up north has affected my work.

15. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been on in a while and one of the first threads I pulled up is this one. Guys I have been extremely moved by al of your comments. Even Hooker's

16. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do what I do......... just ignore it. Food plots and deer habitat are much more important!

17. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a pretty insignificant one but just had to say. When chewing gum I love to make that quick repetitive snap or pop sound and can't help but to do it when chewing gum.
    But it drives me crazy when others do it. Haha

18. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it can drive people crazy. I had someone doing that in the class I was teaching this past term, not often, but just enough to make me crazy.

I stopped lecturing and just stared at him until he swallowed his gum. Had he snapped it again, I would have driven a blackboard pointer through his heart.

:sheep:
    It seems some folks feel rather strongly about that habit

19. The Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thread! here it goes...
    -I was still born
    -I'm almost 18 and I've had more legitimate heart attacks than any 90 year old man I have ever met
    -I've been to "the other side" 3 times that I can vividly remember
    -I own a pair of Sperrys even though I called them :dan: for the first 3 years I knew what they were
    -I'm freaked out by standing up in my tree stand at any time unless I'm wearing my HSS then I can do jumping jacks up there with no problem (it must be a mental thing :confused: )
    -I cry when I catch my dad giving me the look of pride when I have a successful hunt or football game
    -I've never watched a twilight movie
    -I hate Channing Tatum out of pure jealousy
    ..should be more to come..

20. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a voicemail saved from all of my loved ones and a few good friends, in case one of them were to pass suddenly. This way I could still hear their voice. May or may not be creepy, but it's true...