Just looking for advice.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MountainMan, Apr 22, 2013.

1. MountainMan

MountainMan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Everyone,

I am trying to get back into hunting I have a Rampage XT, and i'm trying to figure out what type of arrow I want to shoot for practice / hunting and what rest / Sight i'd like to use. I am looking at a Whisker Biscuit Rest, but I don't know what diameter of a biscuit I should buy for my arrows and what arrows to buy. I am using Muzzy 3 blade fixed 95 grain If that helps. My bow is set at 55lb Draw and 27" length.

I do more stalking then Tree stand in fact i've only ever done stalking and prefer to keep it that way, so keep that in mind when messaging suggestions if you will - IF that even makes a difference.

Thanks guys,

I appreciate all your help and information.

2. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey mountainman, did you already decide on a sight and whisker buisket for sure? If not, id recommend a drop away rest. There is decent ones out there that arent that much more than a whisker buisket, for sight id recomment a spot hogg or black gold if your lookin within the 3-7 pin range..both brands are great that ive used. As far as broadheats, muzzys are my fav as well, ive shoot the muzzy mx-3s and they fly just like my field points, great BH. As for the drop away, if you lookin for a decent rest check out the QAD hunter rest if your on a badget, if not take a look at the ripcord code red or the QAD hdx. Awesome rests, i have both you wount be disapointed. If your thinkin abough a sight, let me know your opinions are and what it is your lookin for and ill try and help you out!

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    On your rest, check out ripcords. They're well under the price of a high end QAD but still have the same features. I had one and have many friends that do. In fact, I'm going to go back to one at some point.

On your arrow, look at the maxima blue streak. They have some tight tolerances and are very strong. I've been using them for years also and have never broken one *except one I accidentally hit the side of a concrete slab with

4. nate

nate Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think the ripcord rest is great but the radial X-weave STL hunter arows are even better! They are tough as nails and pretty cheap too.

5. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  6. G-Street

G-Street Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Spear on the rest. If you like it and are accurate with WB then keep it. The WB is definitely the best spot and stock type rest IMO. I have a Nap Apache on my bow but I rarely spot and stalk. Arrows? If you're just getting back into the sport I'd suggest something cheaper than Blue Streaks. No offense, but you'll probably be losing and breaking some. I haven't lost an arrow because of a miss in a very long time, but I still shoot the cheap Beman ICS Bowhunters because they're so tough and I never worry about them. But really, without knowing your skill level and budget, it's hard to make suggestions.