PSE Stinger

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by jpark4, Apr 14, 2013.

1. jpark4

jpark4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, so there's a PSE Stinger for sale that my brother is thinking of purchasing. It's fully equipped with the sights, whisker rest, release, balance weight etc. It's on sale for 200 but the bow needs to be restrung. My questions are; is the PSE Stinger worth the buy, especially if it has to be restrung and all; and is the PSE a good bow for someone to start on even with its 7.5" brace height.

-JP

2. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ive never used the stinger, but if you cant string the bow yourself its going to be able the double to get one put one.

Costs ~$90 for new custom made string ~$40-$90 to restring a bow. I dont know what kind of sight is on it, but whisker biscuit rests are the cheaper kinds of rests and im sure the release and everything else is relatively cheap.

3. MJF1229

MJF1229 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a 2012 Stinger 3G. I bought it in January for $280 NIB bare bow. I know the RTS packages are about $400. If you know a good bow shop to install a custom string without breaking your wallet I would say it is worth is. You can find custom string makers on here for closer to the $60 range, try Hutch~N~Sons he makes some sweet looking threads and i heard the prices are decent. Is a nice shooting bow. As far the set up for a new shooter, I would say its a good bow for that. Most of the time though when you get a bow set up like that the accessories aren't the greatest quality but will work. As a new shooter might be a good starting point, then as he shoots more he can upgrade as he goes.

4. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen the Stinger RTH packages for about $350 NIB. The accessories will be crap if it's RTH package. I got the Brute X and pulled off all the accessories real quick. Then I got rid of the bow because I couldn't get used to the grip. If it were me, I'd shop around. If it has no string on it, why? Was it dry fired or something? Or is it strung, but just needs a new string?

5. jpark4

jpark4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. Never thought of the points made by you guys. Definitely something I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks you all for that info. The bow was up for sale for a few weeks and I was wondering why the bow hasn't been sold, yet. :) Thank you so much guys!!! Going to definitely let him know that and to try a shop. :tu:

6. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    New string & cable $55 from hut h n son archery. $ $20 to get it put onmost places.