Nu Fletch... does anyone have input?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ronnielkier, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I received Nu Fletch this year in my stocking from ( SANTA) I installed them on my arrows as advertised , I lost 12 fps due to added weight ; however, I gained aprox. 7 yds on my 0 - 30 yd. Pin.
    now a 0 - 37yd. Pin
    My Bow set up N specs: 2008 P.S.E. Dream season X- Force 80# , 27" draw arrow FMJ Easton 11.3 gpi. 340 spine deflection... total arrow wt. now with Nu Fletch installed = 520 grains.

Not sure on my FOC %.... arrow C.G. Moved aprox 2" - aft. I do know that.

I'm looking for any data on the Norway product Nu Fletch. ???? I'm happy, happy, happy so far since my 0-30 pin has become a 0-37 pin.

3. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I have no info on nufletch. But it doesn't seem right that adding that much weight to ur arrow would extend your effective range on a 30 yard pin. I would think it would have the opposite effect. Adding weight (I would think) would shorten the distance before ur arrow starts dropping. Therefore shortening the distance of your 30 yards pin. Unless 30 yards isn't far enough to see a drop but it shouldn't extend it. Maybe I'm wrong but that just seems, to me, how the laws of gravity would effect added weight.

4. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats because it defies the laws of physics. :D I could see not dropping at 30, I can see that but not raising, unless you have created lift. Or the alignment is creating an accuracy issue and the impact is just higher.

Why would anyone want to put a screw in shaft on to the back of an arrow, THE BUSINESS END OF THE SHAFT and most critical element of your setup from an accuracy standpoint ? Alignment is paramount in accuracy at this part of a shaft. You would literally need to align each and every insert to maintain accuracy. Then, if they get bent, it cost more to replace.

Gotta love it. A 0-37 yard pin. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Way too many negatives and you induce unknown variables with this system.
    1) T brought up the alinement issues, he explained it well no need to elaborate further.
    2) generally speaking adding weight to arrow has some tangible benefits. If its added to the front of the shaft it can add FOC which is generally a good thing providing your still spine correctly. Adding weight to the entire shaft( heavier shaft) can add KE and momentum.
    Adding weight to the BACK end of the shaft reduces FOC and and adds spine....so unless you are underspined to start with it may not be a good thing.
    With this system you also have the cut back of the arrow and you end with an extremely short stiff shaft....not very useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well thanks guys for your input! Not sure how adding weight to the back helps me like it has, all I know is that it has increased my flat shooting!
    My spine was right on prior to cutting the 2.75" according to East mans spine deflection chart, I'm now with the NU fletch a bit stiff on spine according to the chart which would now allow me to drop to a .400 spine , I found a 9.0 gpi arrow this would reduce my arrow by aprox.53 grains and still be safe spine wise.
    I think I'm gonna give it a try with a few arrows, who knows maybe I'll pull off a 0-40 yd. Pin! Oh by the way my arrows don't fishtail or porous they just fly straight. Also with the Nu Fletch it's so easy to remove the fletchings for paper tuning! I have the lighted nock style and shooting them at night they are like lasers, really cool stuff. I'll keep you posted once I shoot my lighter arrows AND Thanks again for your input!!!!

7. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is no such thing as a flat shooting bow. Especially out to 30-40 yards. Even if there was, adding a couple grains wouldn't make it flatter. Hell, taking a few grains away won't make any discernable difference.

8. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I get cha tfox I really do results so far = I'm driving tacks at 20 , 30 and a heavy 36 that I'm stretching and calling 37 yards so far very happy .

Your input is very welcome tfox as is anyone's!!!! Thanks again guys...

9. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not happening without hold over or your first pin is actually 35 and your hitting high at 20. Physics, can't get around it.

I'm not talking pie plate accuracy. I'm talking pin point accuracy.;)

10. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am shooting about 2" high at 20 yards , grouping w/ BH really tight.
    What did you mean by " hold over " ?

11. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    holding pin high

12. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have to say this....my neighbor has a new PSE Omen...and he has one pin up to 40 yards..lol. He shoots about 1.5 inch high at 20 yards. That bow is unreal fast.

13. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I want one of those bows that defies the laws of physics. There is no such thing as a flat shooting bow PERIOD.

I printed a sight tape for a 360 fps bow and the pin gap was right at 3/16" with the pins 30" from the peep. I did the same for my hunting bow at 260 fps and the pin gap was right at 3/8"

My bow(260 fps) can hit the 12 ring (2" circle) with a perfect shot with a 40 yard pin from 39-40.9 yards

the speed bow (360 fps) can hit the 12 ring from 38-41.8 yards

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  14. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a chart of a 22 lr shooting over 1000 fps. Notice how much trajectory it has. No way a bow is shooting "flat"

[​IMG]

15. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bootlegger... your nieghbor W/the P.S.E. Omen : does he have the NU Fletch system installed on his arrows?
    Sounds like he's shooting almost exactly what my P.S.E. X Force is...

16. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ronnie, how does the tune look like, specifically the paper tune?

Would it be too extreme to say the weighted rear is causing is to come out of the bow lower, thus creating the nose to be slightly upward and the fletchings take over cuasing it to straighten out but have actually changed it's trajectory.

Yes, I realize that is REALLY pushing it and the more I think about it the worse it seems.

If you're using a pin set for 40 yards on a 20 yard target, it will be high, i'm not sure how that doesn't seem logical, not magical.

17. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry its been so long since my last post! Been out of town on business, still out.!

As far as my paper tune : no fletching installed and just about perfect bullet holes..... if I had to say there is any tear it is very slight but it would be straight down , very little though! You may be on to something.
    I Am shooting 1.5 to 2" high @ 20 yards.
    For me ( hunting) that's not enough for me to change my single pin to 40 yards, so I'm shooting let's say 2" high at 20 and 2" low at 40 I consider that (for me) in a hunting environment very much within the kill zone and ethical to the animal I'm hunting, others may choose to have two pins stack on one another but honestly my pin guides are too fat to stack that close together.
    I'm not a tournament shooter i'm a hunter, if in a hunting environment I can hit within 2" of my aim at 20 & 40 yds with the same pin I'm eating fresh game!

Nice comments let's keep talking about Nu Fletch i'd like to hear from others who shot em or not.
    I plan on testing with varied arrow weights within what's recommended on Eastons spine deflection chart next month.
    I may be getting a new PSE Hammer soon and I'll test with that bow as well.

Thanks again for everyone's comments!

18. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would suggest you get some real world numbers and then come back. Unless your shooting much faster than any bow currently available, your not 2" high at 20 and 2" low at 40.

sent from my samsung note 2

19. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will do a much better job next time..!!
    wow scrutiny here is high.. I do like that!! No sarcasm.
    I am currently out of town with wk. ; however, I should be back in few weeks!
    Sorry I'm actually out of country... wow this form is awesome.. unfortunately I can't test my set ups for now!
    Be back soon!
    T

Soon I'll give needed info.!!

20. ronnielkier

ronnielkier Newb

Dislikes Received:

Well just checking back in I'm still waiting on my 2013 PSE HAMMER , so haven't been shooting at all ! Busy W/work . Hopefully my new bow will be here soon ! Looks like I'll be missing turkey season in Tennessee ...

I SHOT IT WITH MY P.S.E. HAMMER!