2012 deer season Video recap

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by coheley665, Apr 1, 2013.

1. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    http://youtu.be/7dVpd9eWYgs here's a short video I threw together with some of the highlights from this past season. Be sure to check out the rest of my videos at www.youtube.com/nickcoheley to get the full stories

2. Dr.Death

Dr.Death Newb

Dislikes Received:
    AWESOME video man!! the Buck at 6:45 with those huge brow tines would be on the top of my hit list!

3. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man, ya he's a great buck I ended up giving him the pass this year since I got a ton of pics of him and I guessed him to only be 2 1/2. If he's still around this year though he will be right up there

4. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great video! I subbed. Where do you hunt in Michigan? You have some bruisers there. I hunt St. CLair and Macomb, and Oakland County. Those are great deer especially for this state, I think we'd have a lot more like that if we didnt have so many hunters that shoot whatever they see. I feel like I can't pass up a 1 1/2 year old buck without it running onto the neighbors property and getting shot.

5. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for subscribing!! I hunt about 30 min east of Lansing I have a few places to hunt around here. But ya I know what u mean with all the hunters and everything. It's hard to find mature deer in Michigan but they are around in some places. Passing up on smaller deer is hard knowing they probably will get shot by the neighbors but if u don't pass them then you will never know if they will be able to skirt around the other hunters. Deer aren't dumb and catch onto human activity quick so you just have to be smarter then your neighbors so they get bumped off by them and stick around on your property

6. scooters

scooters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice video it's awesome when you see them in that setting.

7. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    thanks scooter! After chasing that deer for 4 days straight he showed it all. One night we had him within 40 yards the whole night and he made pretty much every vocal a deer makes plus chasing off other bucks and tending that doe all night, the only thing i didnt get to see was him breading her

8. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice video and some great deer. I never saw an arrow fly and only the one doe go down at the end. Did you not take any deer with a bow this year?

9. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Thank You! There’s one arrow that’s kind of hard to see on a smaller buck in the beginning (around the 50 sec. mark) I put it in slow-mo and you can see some white flashes of him going down. Made a dumb mistake by thinking it was different buck and just focused on footage and my shot then when I got home and reviewed the footage I was kicking myself in the ***. Then the 10pt came in and I edited out my girlfriends fluke ended up hitting really high just above the spine and was non lethal (thankfully got pics of him 4 days later to confirm). So pretty much just some dumb mistakes this year.

10. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a pic of that long brow tine 8 I call twin towers. You can really tell his age in this pic which is why he got the pass this year [​IMG]

11. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice video. Im hoping to get some good footage like you have this fall. Im really going for my first buck on film though :tu: thats my main goal this year!

12. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Thank You!! Video everything and make sure you get use to running your set up solo so that way you will be ready and get it all on film when the time comes. Its a lot of fun and very addicting, Good luck this fall hopefully you will be able to get it done.

13. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, everything ill film will be self filmed. Ill try to post videos as often as possible on my youtube page for everyone to check out.

14. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    good deal ill make sure to keep checking