Stabalizer?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by SLINGnMISS, Mar 2, 2013.

1. SLINGnMISS

SLINGnMISS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm trying to figure out which stabalizer to put on my heli-m. Which stabalizer would you guys recomemded and why?

2. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are many that work well, and look good on the bow. I tried a few and ended up with the X-Factor F6 for my Chill. I really like it. I have the 8" B-Stinger on my Hoyt and like it too. I did not like the B-Stinger on the Chill at all. You really have to try some and figure out what works for you and your bow set up.

3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My friend has the NAP Apache 5" on his Helim and likes it.

4. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the NAP Apache 8" and like it a lot. I can feel the difference with and without it.

5. brcrawf

brcrawf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use a K-Tech Tech 7 (carbon fiber finish) stab on my Creed tactical. It has the harmonic stabilizer lite and damper in it. It works incredibly well on a 30" ata bow. It balances out my creed and kills any residual vibration (there's essentially none) after the shot. It looks great with a similar gridlock design as Mathews bows. K-Tech offers Lost Camo, black and carbon fiber finishes. The 7" stab doesn't fit inside most bow cases without having to be removed, so maybe go with the 5" version if that is an issue.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  6. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Pine Ridge Nitro on mine in red to match all the other accessories on my bow. I have been real happy with it so far!

7. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm using the ktech 5 inch on my helim and I like it because it has the gridlock design to it and also you can change the harmonic dampners in it.

8. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362283615.438514.jpg

10" Stokerized.

I tried a multitude on this bow and this one felt best. Go to a shop and try a bunch of different ones. But the one that feels best to you.

9. MassBow413

MassBow413 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    look at axion, they match mathews and work awesome

10. hedderickc

hedderickc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This ^^. I would recommend the 8 inch version. There are three harmonic dampeners inside so it really helps to decrease noise and vibration as well. Great product.

11. SLINGnMISS

SLINGnMISS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If anybody's interested I went with the trophy ridge 6" static stabilizer in camo

12. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Axion for Mathews is a good option. and their last years Triad is pretty neat looking. If looking to go light and cheaper TRUGLO makes a solid option in lost camo as well.

13. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was told when I first started shooting compound bows (nearly 25 years ago) that anything under 8" is just there to add weight, and maybe reduce some vibration. While bow design has changed dramatically over the years, the statement still holds true.

Stabilizers are intended to do just what the name describes: stabilize the bow.

It should aid you in holding steady, add some forward imbalance, and lastly absorb some vibration.

I like my bow to rest vertical in my hand, and to roll forward after the shot.

All that being said, "feel" is very subjective. What I think is proper behavior in a bow, may be radically different than what you think.

Now that I've managed to go off on a tangent, my advice is to do some research and try out several different stabilizers. There are a lot of really informative research papers that have been written on stabilizer theory, some are really dry, and others are an enjoyable read.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure - Mark Twain

14. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I tried these on mine:

Doinker 4"
    B-Stinger 8" 11oz
    Axion 6"
    KTech Tech5 (noticable difference than Axion - less vibration)
    Tech7
    Tech7 w/ Gizmo QD
    Tech3

It liked the Tech3 the best.

15. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Triad on my Heli-m and I have been very happy with it.

16. UltimateTreeStandHunter

UltimateTreeStandHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Minimalist

I'm interested in finding the stabilizer that will have the least effect on arrow flight. You don't even need a stablizer for the Mathew's Heli-m to balance forward correctly. However I want to attach a wrist sling. I tried upgrading from a rigid stabilizer to a rubber stabilizer. At first, I noticed my target shooting was still perfect. Then I put a broadhead on my arrow and found out that the rubbery stabilizer caused wobbly flight. At 80 dollars a pop, I'm going to go with my gut and pick a new axiom designed to minimize torque and wind resistance from Mathews. Or after reading weekendwarriors advice in this forum, I will consider the tech 3 before I finalize my purchase. Aim true and shoot straight!

17. burnoutboy

burnoutboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody got positive or neative personal experience with the PSE quick disconnect fold away stab mount? I.E. does it detract fomr the function of the stab at all? Does it fold out of the way for case storage easily?

18. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ktech stabilizers they perform good and look great with the gridlock design

19. wadeniebuhr

wadeniebuhr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    K-tech tech5 twin on Creed

20. LizzidGizzid

LizzidGizzid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just received a new 6" B-Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme.
    I had a LimbSaver S-Coil on my old bow, and when I got the new bow a couple years ago, I had to prioritize funds. Last year, it was a new sight, some more arrows and a new string/cable (PSE garbage string)...so, I had to wait another year for some more upgrades.
    There was no difference between the LimbSaver and not having a stabilizer on. When I shot with the B-Stinger....all I can say is 'wow!' Now, I don't really notice much difference with sound or vibration (some improvement, but it was never bad to begin with), but my shot is 10x steadier and my bow position after release is excellent. Accuracy and steadiness (is that a word?) has definitely improved! I was skeptical that a stabilizer change would make such a difference, but it was time for a new one, anyway...and I would recommend this to anyone!