Ryan Braun... this thing continues to amaze me

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Feb 8, 2013.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So the newest drug era of MLB (which disgusts me more each day) is linking Braun to Bosh. Now.... I'm beyond the fact that it goes on, has gone on, and apparantly will continue to go on. However, the psychology behind some of these stories REALLY amazes me. Here's a guy that was about to be stripped of his MVP, face suspension, and maybe charges. He gets off free on a technicality (fed ex guy "mishandled" sample). Hilarious in itself if you ask me. So upon beating this thing and saving face he's so relieved and happy his world didn't come crashing down what does he do next? LINKS HIMSELF TO THIS SHADY FELLA THAT OPERATES OUT OF A MALL STIP IN FLORIDA!!!! His defense? He wanted to gather information for his testimony? WHAT?!?!?! Here's an athlete with the best advice, medical treatment, training facilities, etc... on planet Earth. He seeks out Mr. Bosch? A glorified drug dealer? Mmmmmk. How stupid are these athletes? This one takes the cake. I thought Arod being linked to this guy after his "confession" was stupidity. This? I just can't phathom.

2. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand it either. Many of the guys caught up in the PED scandals have been unlikable players. Braun was always fun to watch play (unless he was teeing off on your team) and seemed like a decent guy. MLB really needs to add some teeth to the punishment for getting caught if they want the game to move past this mess.

3. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I guess Braun showed us with the numbers he put up this past season that it was all PED's that did it for him in previous years. Once again the media is just looking for another story...I quit reading all the bs, its boring!

4. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You think Braun was clean last season?

5. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:

With every baseball critics eyes on him, yes! I have no reason to think other wise.

6. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah.... that's the point. He put up similar numbers taking similar stuff.

7. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:

Sorry but with all due respect, I'm not buying into it. It's amazing what one can do when they have a point to prove.

8. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    BHF. With all due respect as well.... why on earth would the guy have ANY link to this dude in Florida? After what he went through last season with the PED accusations the last thing one would do is have ANY connection with the guy. You're buying he paid him money for his consultation on PED's for his defense? Come on man... enlighten me. That's like a convicted drug dealer getting out of jail and reuiniting with his clients. Because he missed them and wanted to catch up on old times? You would think you would stay as far away from that situation as possible. ESPECIALLY if you were under investigation the previous year. 18 million other resources at Brauns disposal for what he says he was linked for. He picks Bosch? Dr. James Andrews? Harvard? Bosch? mmmk

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  9. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:

I agree with what you are saying especially with what I highlighted. Not only would should of he stayed away from this guy the last thing he would do is take PED's this past season after what happened the year before. His numbers stayed the same if not better. Thats my point.

10. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think we are debating the same point in a way. If it turns out his numbers stayed the same because he DID use both years... well... I guess for the life of me I'll never understand how one would subject themself to that. Same for A-rod. Not buying his story either. Guy came clean and confessed and right back at it? Just seems like at all costs you would in no way have any relationship or an incling of a chance of your name being associated with Bosch. Think about this... .There are 99% MLB players that have no link with him. Maybe it's an addiction of sorts. Maybe it's like drugs they just can't stay away from it and need it to perform. Hell I don't know.... I don't have the answer for these guys anymore. A shame the whole damn history of MLB is in question.

11. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We will find out in the next month for sure.

12. 2 Lunger

2 Lunger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You seriously think Braun was clean last year? Not a chance.

13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I hate Ryan Braun.

14. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:

What proof do you have that he wasn't???? You're just assuming that he used correct?

15. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:

With you being a Cubs fan I bet you do....lol!!! :poke:

16. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Steroids are used in the major sports. ALL OF THEM. Its going to come out in the NFL soon, then the NBA. Then what? We alienate every HOF player over the last 25 years in all the major sports?