Whats the strangest thing you have shot accidentally?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bow String Depot, Jan 31, 2013.

1. WW1

WW1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    smoked a canoe

2. Crossbow Jared

Crossbow Jared Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had my bag target setup in front of a fence post my arrow went through the bag and half way through the post. Also me and some guys where shooting in our shop well needless to say my buddy missed the target all together and sent the arrow strait through a 6 inch wall. lol.
    Also this thread is the best :)

3. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    shot right over the deer target, hit the ONLY hole in the old wood core door behind the target: old door handle hole, chipped the edge of the wood shed then put a nice hole in the NEW VYNIL FENCE. Oh did my wife flip when she found out! Haven't shot that far in the yard since.

4. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    1972 Chevy Blazer

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I shot through our garage door at work a couple years ago when I was paper tuning my bow. :ninja:

6. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Dad took his old whitetail 2 to the proshop to be serviced and tuned, so he can pass it down to me as a B-Day present.After he gt it home he was testing the poundage to see if the tech got it right for me and my mom walked out of the kitchen to see my dad holding the bow at full draw. My mom freaks "don't point that at me and take that out side" my dad replies "dont worry it doesn't have a arrow....." the top arm come lose and goes end over end and hits my mom directly between the eyes. apparently the tech loosened the bolt a little too much. Needless to say my dad was in the dog house for a couple of weeks.

7. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I lived on the edge of town and the neighbor kid and I invented a game of golf with bows and arrows. Mostly par 2's from tree to tree at EXTREMELY long distances of a couple hundred yards or so. We also had a couple of utility poles in the mix. One day I launched an arrow nearly straight up in the air from about 50 yards from one of the poles and my arrow came down on top of the transformer. The aluminum arrow laid across both wires just long enough to blow out the fuse and kill the power to a house or two after making a bomb-like explosion. Lets just say I was about 12 years old and scared for my life! Mostly I was afraid my father would find out. I quickly recovered what was left of a mostly melted arrow from below the pole and did what any kid would do. I hid until the power company had been there and fixed the problem. I never did fess up to that one. My Dad has been gone for 10 years now so I guess its safe to tell.

I also shot a flaming arrow at a Pepsi bottle filled with gas. (My Rambo days) That was a little more than I bargained for also. Amazing how such a small amount of gas can make such a huge mushroom cloud. lol Good times.

8. Yooper

Yooper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got my first bow at age 36, last march that is and lets see....I've shot:

The back wall of a friends garage
    A wooden pallet
    The ceiling at the indoor range
    And I punched myself in the face when a string loop decided to let go

I love this sport!!!!!

9. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These stories are makin my day hahahaha!

10. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haha! This one made my day. Both are pretty badass.

11. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is one I am not proud of. I got my first compound. I had never shot with a release before. My brother and I went to the local pro shop to purchase new arrows and have them cut to size. The guy behind says to draw the bow back and aim at the corner with no arrow. He then sticks his hands in between the bow strings with a tape measure to try and measure my draw. I was nervous as hell as I knew this wasnt right, plus I had never used a release before. I still remember how I was shaking. On the third attempt, the release went off while he hand his hands in there. I dont know if it took his finger off, or just cut it badly. There was blood all over and when I looked for my brother, he was gone. The guy came at me over the counter, cant blame him, but the other staff members stepped in. They took the guy to the hospital and finished my order for me. I paid in cash so they didnt know who I was, as I was only 17 or 18. I almost got rid of the bow right then and there. I still get a bad feeling to this day, 20 some years later. I know it was my fault, but that is the dumbest way to ever measure someones draw.

12. BOWDADDY64

BOWDADDY64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the 30+ years of dumb stuff happening (accidently of course) the best one was last spring at my dealers shop/garage he had a well shot back stop at about 10 yards just for paper tuning, peep and rest setups and such. I had just recieved my CPX and couldnt be prouder, he tells me not to aim at the center because its getting weak. I draw back, with one of his arrows, and let it fly. Well I didn't have the sight on yet and guess where I was aiming, and he was saying "Just point it close at this range it'll hit the bale." Well i did and it hit center just like we both didn't want and the shaft dissapered instantly with a loud BANG! It went through the bale and through the 8" concrete block wall behind it to the fletchings! I laughed then he started laughing too. was all good and a quick K.E. selling point for him to show others from now on. BTW he has a new back stop now. :lol:

13. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My dad met him and they went on a cougar hunt, for one of his shows.

14. FullTimeKiller

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, my first bow was also a little red recurve i got at the same age as you. Mine said "indian" in black writing on the top half of the bow on the limb. What a beauty recurve, the rabbit slammer! :)

15. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i feel left out that i have never done anything like this yet lol but i can tell one on my buddy. his dad was buying him his first bow so he had never shot before and when they was sighting the 20 yard pin in the indor range (with a drop celling) the shop tech forgot to tell him to put his finger behind the triger when drawing so when he raised his bow high to pull back, the arrow flew threw the celling and he said you could here it bounce in the celling all over the shop at a high rate of speed lol

16. commando

commando Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot my rear quarter panel of my Dodge truck behind my rear tire after i missed low on target that was kinda cool it didn't go thru but made a nice bullet hole It was a old truck so I didn't care.

17. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is awesome!

18. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A buddy of mine was sighting in his new bow, shot right over the ole bag target an thur my little shed in the back yard!

19. Legion_Edge

Legion_Edge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    under shot at 60yds went under the target skimmed off the ground and hit my dads 4-wheeler plow and Shattered my Arrow. :(

20. FullTimeKiller

Dislikes Received:
    Ya its pretty sweet, unfortunatly i never got to meet him personaly but recieving that bow and a bunch of his hunting dvds was probly the thing that really got me into bowhunting! Getting my first decent compound from a guy like jim thats such a great bowhunter got me even more pumped.. Used that bow for 4 years. It was was a limbsaver speedzone, not a bowtech that he uses now, but since hes on the pro staff for limbsaver im guessin thats how he got that bow. But it was really nice. Limbsaver is not considered as a top brand bow by most, but i gotta say, i literally took thousands of shoots with it and i really liked it, it was so fast but that was due to its short BH ( under 6!) however, the smoothness and shock free, quietness of the bow was amazing, even compared to my hoyt ce rkt that i shoot now.